Thread: What's up with Tatar?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default What's up with Tatar?

So I tried finding similar posts about Tatar but apart from this one I do not seem to find a recent one, so here goes:

What in seven hells is going on with Tatar? I kinda counted on him this year so got him in my two pools, and at this point I believe it's fair to say he's playing the least productive hockey of his carreer.

I mean, all the numbers SCREAM there should be at least market correction towards making some point, I don't know be it only if the puck bounces off of him but he seems to find a way to keep away from the scoresheet in every high scoring NJD games lately.

In the advanced stats we can see he has the lowest PDO, 5 on 5 S% and PTS/60 of his carreer, and it's been that way for a few months now. He seems to be generating scoring chances more than he's giving them (the dark blue dot in the player usage chart).

Surely it can't continue like this? What's bitten him? I'm not so good at evaluating off-ice circumstances, does anyone have a read (I don't know, maybe about coaching staff or game system?) that could explain what's up? Surely it's not simply over for him, fantasy-wise?
    Team 1: Keep 10 + 1 recruit -- skaters: G, A, +/- -- goalers: W, SHL, points
    Team 2: Keep 10 + 1 recruit -- skaters: G, A, +/-, GWG, STG, STWG -- goalers: W, Sv, GA, SHL, points

# Team 1
    Center - Dvorak, McCann, Blackwell, Hayton, Lundestrom, Ryan Suzuki (r), Ty Dellandrea (r), Jakob Pelletier (r)
    Winger - Keller, Ovechkin, Tatar, Svechnikov, Wheeler, Mantha
    Defense - Fox, Deangelo, Girard, Jokiharju, Brodin

# Team 2
    Center - Nelson, O'Reilly, Tavares, Hintz, Seguin, Borgstrom, Mavrik Bourque (r)
    Winger - Fiala, Tatar, Arvidsson, Yamamoto, Coronato (r), Poulin (r), Evgeny Svechnikov
    Defense - Dahlin, Krug, Letang, Fehervary, Thomas Harley (r)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: What's up with Tatar?

I don't know, but it started in last years playoffs. He's been terrible.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I too thought he was going to have a decent year but looks like he might end up in Europe/Russia if he keeps sucking it.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Icon

I had Kreider for years. Dropped him last year. Had 2 mid-round picks and needed 2 Ws. Kreider, Tatar and JVR were available. I picked Tatar and JVR. Ugh.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Superstar

I dropped Tatar early on in the season and I sure don't regret doing that. I thought he might be a 60pt producer in NJ but that's not happening. I think there are a few factors here, the first is actually getting a handle on projecting Tatar's pt production and it's bounced around a bit from one year to the next but over his career he is a .59 pts per game forward. That seems to be right where he is at, I'd bench mark him there and even that might be a bit generous. The second factor here is his most frequent linemates are Hischier and Zacha. Both of them are also shitting the bed magnificently. 2nd line ice time, PP2 deployment also factor in. The emergence of Hughes, Bratt and others has pushed Tatar down the lineup from what we might have expected before the season began. So, add it all up and ya, you got a guy putting up 18 pts in 45 games.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf