Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

Hercules

Default Re: The worst decision of the pandemic. Get ready for empty shelves!

I'm also always confused and saddened when I see a kid at a protest. The pro-life protests and this one especially are bad because the kids don't really know what they're doing. It's always the parents pushing the views to the kid.

And like....what's going on with their schooling during this lol. And should I be sad if parents are arrested with their kids at this protest weeks after it started? Like I'll be sad for the kid, but the parents should know the risk of what they could be putting their kids through because they've decided to use the child as a marketing tool (look, my child is here. Be careful what you do).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    So similar to when they blocked off the trains a few years back??
    The trains weren't as disruptive immediately to my industry (highly tied to auto), but it did effect some of our raw stock a month into it. And the trains aren't really effecting peoples day-to-day life like taking over a border crossing bridge. Especially when people use it to travel daily for work.

same-same but different in my mind of impact.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm also always confused and saddened when I see a kid at a protest.
    How old of kids are you seeing??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

If this is the case... I don't think we can paint all the truckers with that brush. I think this is just one bad apple among the truckers if it actually were true.
    Exactly. Then every BLM protester is a terrorist as well by this definition. I hate when the media brings these stories to light. There inflammatory so they get a reaction which is good for business but they don't paint the picture of what's actually going on at scale. It's so obvious, I don't understand how people fall for it.

It's like the Kyle Rittenhouse case last year. It was bad enough that this kid brought a gun to a protest to play vigilante. That is condemnable to begin with. However, the inaccurate reporting of the circumstances around what transpired were just repetitively adding fuel to the fire. First they stated he shot African American people at the BLM protest, then they claimed he assassinated them and then when those turned out to be incorrect they painted these rosy pictures of the people he killed. Even though they were criminals. Then when the judge stated it was self defense through a trial, they reported it was white privilege. It's like the media wanted a protest or riot to ensue.

Then everyone wonders why it's hard to trust the media? I don't even blame them, there trying to stay relevant but don't be naïve. There a business trying to survive.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Hercules

How old of kids are you seeing??
    I've seen pictures of like 8? I honestly don't know how old kids look lol. I guess they could be young enough to not be in school, but doesn't quite change how I feel about kids being at protests.

And I understand (don't know if that's the right word to use) that kids are there because parents have no where to leave their kids as they protest so they take them.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Veteran

There's been parents with kids in strollers so you'd have to assume younger than ~4? Most of those will most likely be from the weekenders who are gone during the week, but the media has estimated 100 kids are with parents who have been staying in trucks throughout the week.

Just funny that people are all of a sudden worried about why these kids aren't in school for just under 2 weeks, after 2 years of being in and out of school.

The Great One

Especially from people that don't have kids themselves.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    There's been parents with kids in strollers so you'd have to assume younger than ~4? Most of those will most likely be from the weekenders who are gone during the week, but the media has estimated 100 kids are with parents who have been staying in trucks throughout the week.

Just funny that people are all of a sudden worried about why these kids aren't in school for just under 2 weeks, after 2 years of being in and out of school.
    Out of school is different than online learning though.

However, the online learning is pretty blah apparently. GFs sister-in-law is a teacher and she's doing online-kindergarten, it's like the most useless classes lol.

Still my point is still I dislike seeing kids used as tools in protests. He hold this sign that says "I want my life back" and the kids like 4. Kid hasn't had a normal life in their memory, so why is the sign saying "my life back"? It's just marketing/propaganda tools used in protests I dislike. It's in every protest, so I don't really want to get off track here. Sorry guys lol.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Genius

However, the online learning is pretty blah apparently. GFs sister-in-law is a teacher and she's doing online-kindergarten, it's like the most useless classes lol.

Still my point is still I dislike seeing kids used as tools in protests. He hold this sign that says "I want my life back" and the kids like 4. Kid hasn't had a normal life in their memory, so why is the sign saying "my life back"? It's just marketing/propaganda tools used in protests I dislike. It's in every protest, so I don't really want to get off track here. Sorry guys lol.
    I'm with you little kids at protests is cringe. Also potentially dangerous with how figures who have bad intentions show up to protests of any kind. I know the argument is that you want the kids to be part of something "historic" but the trade off isn't worth it.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree. Usually they're too young to form their own opinion and have no clue what's actually happening for the most part.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Not that I can prove it, but I guarantee I would test as smarter than you by any available metric. You are an idiot who thinks they are smart (the most dangerous type of idiot). You've said nothing in this thread that couldn't be easily disproved, and you refuse to share your magic sources, so I'm not really sure why you're even still here.
    An iq of sub 90 isnt great bud. Come back when you can test around 140 or when you gain some life experience. Until then take your millenial thoughts elsewhere

Dobber Sports Initiate

Everyone think that the end of mandates is a victory may think again. Its all part of "the" plan. Mandates are "ending" all over Europe currently too. When you see multiple countries simultaneously doing the same thing consistently during the plandemic, you know the WEF plans are being executed to a T. Too bad some of these young inexperienced millenials here can't see these things.

But, not to worry though as the mandates will be back sooner than you think.

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    Everyone think that the end of mandates is a victory may think again. Its all part of "the" plan. Mandates are "ending" all over Europe currently too. When you see multiple countries simultaneously doing the same thing consistently during the plandemic, you know the WEF plans are being executed to a T. Too bad some of these young inexperienced millenials here can't see these things.

But, not to worry though as the mandates will be back sooner than you think.
    Ok Boomer

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Initiate

I love it when people call me boomer. It confirms how young and naive you all are. So much to learn yet in your precious lives.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    I love it when people call me boomer. It confirms how young and naive you all are. So much to learn yet in your precious lives.
    Ok boomer