Thread: Stamkos or Lehner

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Stamkos or Lehner

10 Team, 4 player keeper league...debating on keeper Stamkos vs Lehner. Head to Head League has 7 player stats (G,A,P,PPP,GWG,S,H) and 3 goalie stats (W,GAA,S%). Who would you keep based on these categories?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Stamkos or Lehner

Welcome to the Forum! It would be a good idea for you to create a signature that includes all the information about your league and team. In this case, we need to know what your team looks like and the keeper options you have. For example, if you own Vasi keeping Lehner over Stamkos is a not. However, if Lehner is your best goalie, he is one of only a handful of goalies that are worth the keeper spot in a keep 4 IMO. I'm assuming Lehner is your top goalie and that being the case, for the reason I just mentioned, I would keep him over Stamkos.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Titan

Welcome to the forums!

That's a tough one. How many goalies are usually kept?

I feel like I would keep Stamkos since 2/3 of the goalie categories are average based so you can win the majority of the goalie categories just by grabbing a couple good backups. Can't do that with the forwards.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks! Lehner would be my only goalie keeper of course. Being a league with only 3 goalie stats where 2/3 are averages stats is what makes me hesitate to take Lehner. I feel like it could be the right move even only for Lehner having more perceived value in terms of trade (in most drafts I would imagine he would go higher than Stamkos). The advantage of Lehner is that I probably could get away with only carrying two goalies/ not taking another one until later rounds. Tough decision!

Dobber Sports Recruit

Typically I would rather not take a goalie but may in this case...the frustrating part is I traded for Stamkos last year thinking he would improve my 4th keeper spot...little did I know Fleury would be traded opening the door for Lehner to be the clear #1 on a top team. Hind sight is 20/20 I guess.

Dobber Sports Padawan

In a Keep-4, there is a lot of talent to draft. A goalie with 40-win upside plus other cats would be the better keeper, IMO.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin