Thread: Hart

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hart

In my dynasty league I'm pretty much left with only Francouz and Petersen as goalies. It's a weakly H2H that only counts save % for goalies.

Is Hart at under $4M for 3 years worth trading 2 prospects for?

Here are my prospects : Marco Rossi, Anton Lundell, Mavrik Bourque, Noel Gunler, Brendan Brisson, Juuso Välimki, Peyton Krebs, Ryan Merkley, Philip Tomasino, Vasily Podkolzin, Alex Turcotte, Erik Brännström, Luke Hughes, Fabian Lysell, Jesper Wallstedt, Aatu Räty, Scott Morrow, Ayrton Martino

I'm thinking Rossi is untouchable. Any others you wouldn't trade away for Hart?

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Hart

Not a fan of Hart or philly goalies but If u can get him for wallstedt plus anybody that ain’t Rossi or Lundell it’s worth a try…I would not trade 2 top forward prospects…
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports All-Star

Rossi, Lundell, Brannstrom, Wallstedt, Krebs, Podkolzin and Hughes. The no trade list.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

I wouldn’t trade Podkolzin or Krebs. That said, Petersen and Francouz are both quality. Hart, if you do get him, I think it’s how he starts the season. First 5-6 starts will say everything.
    FROZEN TUNDRA, 2023-24 league champions, Canadian Hockey Eh

12-team Yahoo league, 10th year. H2H. Keep 15

Aho, Monahan, Coyle, Kadri

Jarvis, Fiala, Slafkovsky, Byfield, Verhaeghe
    Josi, Morrissey, Montour
    Oettinger, Ullmark, Brossoit

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I might do that, but I want more details about league scoring. I wouldn't trade Rossi or Wallstedt, probably not Lundell. In a SV% league elite goalies are hugely important, but most goalies aren't elite, and playing matchups is hard. If you get one, you're set in net.

My main league in sig, is a dynasty that essentially only counts save % - there's a bonus for shutouts, but the scoring is unique to the league. Save percentages are compared, and reduce your opponents' goal scoring. I'm going to say that I came out of the initial list draft with a Hasek/Roy combo, and you can figure out how often I was worried about my goaltending.

You want to find a guy that might give you an elite span of years, and Petersen might be one of them. Francouz won't be, as he's too injury prone and old. Hart could be, and he's worth a shot.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you are only counting SV%... I think you could make a case that Hart can't be trusted.
    Offer him three middling prospects (say, Bourque, Brisson, Merkley) - let him choose two (people like to choose).
    There are good reviews on the internet for those three guys - and they are former 1st round picks - so there's hype attached.
    But I don't think the NHL upside of any of them is really that high.
    If he declines... move on.

Peterson, alone, isn't a bad goalie.
    He should get at least one start per week and LA (with Danault, Edler) will be drastically improved defensive team.

The Great One

This is so hard to answer since I know it's a dynasty, but I don't know how many teams. And I know goalies count for only 1 category, but how many categories do skaters account for?

Goalie values are so dependent on the league set up, and you'd given no details on that.

The only part of the advice I'd really disagree with is putting Branstromm on your no trade list. I'll be surprised if he makes Ottawa's line up this year. As far as I'm concerned, he's the next Logan Brown...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    This is so hard to answer since I know it's a dynasty, but I don't know how many teams. And I know goalies count for only 1 category, but how many categories do skaters account for?

Goalie values are so dependent on the league set up, and you'd given no details on that.

The only part of the advice I'd really disagree with is putting Branstromm on your no trade list. I'll be surprised if he makes Ottawa's line up this year. As far as I'm concerned, he's the next Logan Brown...
    Only 6 teams. All cats are Goals, assists, points, plus/minus and save %

Edit : I'll also add that we are going to have a 3-5 round draft for free agents before season starts. I can grab a goalie then as well but basically wondering Hart's value in this setup.

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree with the rest here. Going after Hart is fine as long as the price reflects the risk you are taking on. I like the no trade list idea, Pengwin has put together a package for you, there are options. This is what you should be paying. If it's a no go, so be it. You may find a good piece in your 3 - 5 draft as you say. Once the season starts we'll have a better idea of which goalies are at least starting in the right direction and which are duking it out for the annual Goalie Bed Shitting Championship. Hart along with many other Goalies could crash or soar, who the hell knows with these Turkeys (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the help everyone. Will update if anything gets done.