Thread: reinhart, fiala, larkin pts only rep

Dobber Sports Ace

Default reinhart, fiala, larkin pts only rep

i have reinhart

fiala, larkin and necas are FA's

points only - goal heavy, no positional restrictions and lots of moves left for the year

who do you like most?
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: reinhart, fiala, larkin pts only rep

I like Larkin, but you have some fantastic choices there!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

In a one year I’ll go Fiala, because if he gets hot he’s super streaky and can put up big points. But Larkin is a good option too as the Wings look to be finally producing especially on the PP.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

You have to consider age (even for one year, I'll explain later), team situation, who they are playing with, what team moral is like, and how they are trending.

Martin Necas may not be the fastest skater out of the group, but make no misconception, the guy is probably one if not best overall skater out of the group with his overall speed, transition from forward to reverse skating, his lines, and edge work all being at elite level. Plus his trajectory curve is the most alluring right now than the others. He's in the best situation to succeed playing with Sebastian Aho and Evgeny Svechnikov and even seeing spot duty with Aho right now 5-on-5. And looked like a man possessed on Vincent Trocheck's wing two weeks ago when he finished with Third Star of the Week, for this year and even in a keeper I take him. Sam Reinhart has a high IQ, perhaps the highest in the group, but Necas has a better way of making use of his IQ with his skillset, which in my opinion is better than everyone else in this group. His shot and passing in tight spaces with players around is pretty impressive for someone who isn't small with a short stick like a Johnny Gaudreau. And unlike last season, Necas shot rate as of a few games ago, has went up from 1.4 to 2.2 per game. What that means is the outlook of him as a goal scorer just went up. You can't score goals without taking a shot. The shooting percentage has taken a dip from last year, which was an unsustainable 18.2, but I do believe his shot rate is low and should go up from where it is now, which means as long as he's firing off shots, the goals will come. Before I had him as a floor 55 point, ceiling 70 point player. Now I see his floor at 70 and his ceiling at 85+. Given that this would have been his 21 age year entering into a normal October start season, and producing at a 65 point prorate, I have to say I like what I have seen. 46 to 65 points is right where you want to see a player's trajectory curve.

He's the youngest player with the best production out of the group, with the best team, linemates, players, and huge pieces on the power play, and possible upside outlook. For a one year or keeper, it's Necas.

Reinhart's team moral is at a all-time low and with Jack Eichel out for the season and Dylan Cozens out with a concussion Riley Sheahan becomes your best centerman outside of an aging and struggling Eric Staal. When any of the big 3 of Tyler Bertuzzi, Larkin, and Anthony Mantha are out, the other two struggle. Also they are a one line team, so the opposition's top shutdown unit can easily manage the Larkin line and Fiala is streaky on a decent Minnesota team. But I prefer Necas to Kevin Fiala and also Carolina to Minnesota. Again, for one year or keeper, it's Necas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I look at Necas last 8 games and see his 9 points. Can he sustain that, while he won't produce at a 90 point prorate from this point on, he should generate the most points from this day going forward. There's too many good moving parts with the apparent talent in Martin for that to decline enough to take any of those other guys before him. I could be wrong, but yeah I am confident with this one.

Dobber Sports Star

Another vote for Fiala, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to go with Larkin or Necas. Goal heavy and Fiala's ability to be a 30 g scorer and score in bunches puts him over the edge for me.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

1 Fiala

2A/2B Larkin/Necas
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If your league counted faceoffs and shots, I feel like Larkin would be a no brainer. As it stands I'd probably go Fiala, but none of these are bad options.
    Yahoo 10 team H2H league (1 year)
    Positions: 2C, 4W, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN
    Forward Categories: G, A, P,+/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW
    Goalie Categories: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: A. Matthews, A. Kopitar, V. Trochek
    W: P. Kane, B. Tkachuk, J. Guentzel, E. Kane, T. Hall, T. Hertl, T. Teravainen
    D: D. Hamilton, V. Hedman, A. Pietrangelo, Mike Reilly
    G: S. Varlamov, R. Lehner, P. Grubauer
    IR: J. Eichel

Dobber Sports Ace

larkin
    necas
    fiala
    reinhart
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fiala
    Larkin/Necas

Pretty much the same as the rest of the crowd says
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Initiate

I will say this, if Yzerman can give Larkin a better team to take the attention and focus off of him, he will produce more. It's just such a tire fire there with everyone focusing on that one legit star talent they have. He hasn't come close to reaching his 78 point prorated season from a few years at age 22. He's being dragged down by his team. He looks good in bouts, like last year when he had 28 points in his final 30 games. I have had him in a keeper for 5 years and I don't see it getting any better any time soon. But if the OP is going on this year, I am not a fan of Larkin being that guy. Sold on the talent... I think he will have to wait until he's around J.T. Miller's age last season to see point-per-game production again. But unfortunately hockey is a team sport and the individual is not talented enough to make up for the shortcomings of his team. I say this both as a Larkin fan and fantasy owner of said player.

Dobber Sports Ace

thanks for all the replys
    dropped reinhart for necas
    and threw karlsson on IR and grabbed fiala today
    12 Team, One year, Points only - G,A,PPG,SHG, no positional restrictions
    2 points goalie W, 2 points goalie SHO, -.5 goalie loss, start 1 goalie per night
    Hughes, Panarin, Connor, Konecny, Terry, Necas, Gaudreau, Schmaltz, Nichushkin, Zacha
    Makar, Hedman, Andersson, DeAngelo
    Gustavsson, Talbot