Thread: No-brainer to trade away Halak & Grzelcyk for Point? (will rep!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question No-brainer to trade away Halak & Grzelcyk for Point? (will rep!)

Hey all, I'm looking to add offense to my roster to hang with the very top teams in my league down the stretch (team 1 in my signature).

Here are the scoring categories:

- Skaters: G, A, P, PIM, PP, SOG, D pts (7 total, unique category for defense points puts a premium on them)
    - Goalies: W, SV%, SO (3 total)

There's a guy in my league who has been really trying to get Grzelcyk from me, and he's really getting persuasive in his offers. He's offered me Brayden Point for Grzelcyk and Halak. Would you pull the trigger on this if you're me? I'm not sure I really have room for Halak when Rask returns, and while I take a hit on the D points category, my overall point production goes up by ~0.4 PPG. Point seems to shoot a lot more too.

Is this a deal I should pull the trigger on, or is Grz worth too much in the PP1 spot with that lethal Bruins powerplay?

Thanks for your feedback! I'll rep all responses.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: No-brainer to trade away Halak & Grzelcyk for Point? (will rep!)

i'm all for it. Halak and the B's have been struggling a bit. plus Rask "should" be back as he traveled with the team
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yes, thats a no-brainer for sure!! Quality (Point) vs Quantity (Halak and Grz)

Quality wins here for sure!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ya I'd do that. You don't need Halak based on your other goalies and Grizzy is good but he'll share time with MacAvoy and I always lean with top end forwards whenever possible and Point is top tier in my world.