Thread: Short Memory/Rant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Short Memory/Rant

Wow.

How we all forget.

\"I cannot leave my teammates and join another NHL Club at this time. I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June. I hope everyone will understand and respect my decision.\"

I guess the small print should read:

1) Unless the Rangers can make room in their Cap, and if that does not happen then

2) Play in Vancouver.

Lets be serious. The Canucks have gotten better but this whole saga started back in Jan when Toronto tried totrade him. Don\'t get me wrong I hate Toronto, and I enjoy seeing their fans wallow in misery, however this guys talks out his ass.

I actually really like Sundin as a player but he has been blowing smoke up our holes for all of 2008. Sundin has tainted 2008 and for me. I wish he would have said:

\"I earned the right to do what I want. I don\'t want to leave Toronto at the trade deadline to help this miserable franchise because I need to protect my investments by staying employed by a Canadian franchise. Even with that aside I don\'t want to go anywhere because I earned the right not to. I am going to play poker with Daniel Negreanu until December then I am going to sign with who ever I want.\"

I would have liked that better.

I feel better now.
    16 Team Keeper League Points Only H2H Avg Weekly Scoring
    Weekly Dress: 8F, 4D, 2G
    F:N. Backstrom, Seguin, Kane, Duchene, MacKinnon, RNH , Bobby Ryan, Tarasenko
    D:Barrie, Faulk, Green, Markov
    G:Quick, Holtby
    Bench: Backlund, Gigglesons, M Granlund, Dan Boyle, Anton Stralman,
    Farm: Namestnikov, De La La La La Rose, Jurco, D. Pouliot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well said. With a 1 year contract if i have to go threw this again next year i will never watch TSN SportsCenter or any other sports highlight/sports talk or any other sort of show where i have to hear this crap again. Sundin is a complete Douchebag.

The NHL really needs to make a deadline a month into the season barring injury that players can\'t do this anymore. Even that crap with Selanne and Neidermayer in ANA a year ago

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think one of Baseball or Basketball have a stipulation where if a player isn\'t signed by a certain time shortly after the season starts, that player can\'t play until next season.

I think the NHL should have a similar rule put in place.

This Sundin situation has handcuffed a lot of teams and after the Xmas trade freeze is over, there will finally be some moves made.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Ninja

One solution. Fantasy boycott! If the NHL can\'t deal with this crap, then ask your commish to insert a rule. We can call it the SundiNiederSelanneShanny clause. If an NHL player can\'t make up their ****ing mind if they want to make more millions playing a god damn kids game that any of us would kill to play for our current salaries, then we should boycott their asses and then have everyone in your pool email or blog on their website how much you think they suck for doing this.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

jL67s wrote:
    I think one of Baseball or Basketball have a stipulation where if a player isn\'t signed by a certain time shortly after the season starts, that player can\'t play until next season.
    I dont know about basketball, but I know that this isnt the case in baseball. Thats why Roger Clemens was able to get away with not signing with a team until July for like 3 years in a row. Same thing with Barry Bonds. He waited all season for a call that never came.