Thread: don\'t agree.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default don\'t agree.

The trade at question is W-Marian Gaborik for my W-Alex Kovalev I believe Gaborik\'s value is at the lowest it will ever be, so I\'m trying to take advantage of that. Should I really be taking advantage of this or should I just leave this injury-prone player alone?

Vince, You\'re courting trouble if you take on Marian Gaborik, because he\'s not likely to have value until he gets traded. While that seems inevitable, it also could be a month or two down the road and Gaborik isn\'t likely to be so much better than Kovalev that he can sit on the sidelines for that long and still be more productive.

VicGenral: I don\'t agree. Gaborik 40/40 guy on Minny, Gaborik 50/50 easy somewhere else. Health.. that all depends on what pool your in but when he play, he play good.

This was TSN\'s fantasy advice and i just thought even though it was 2 weeks ago when gaboriks status was unclear, gaboriks pure point machine potential should have been pointed out. Does he ever break a hundred on an offensive squad?

Kovalev is junk.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default don\'t agree.

I think Gabbie can break 100 on the Wild - IF he plays 82 games or very close to it.

Dobber Sports Master

Default don\'t agree.

Shoeless wrote:
    I think Gabbie can break 100 on the Wild - IF he plays 82 games or very close to it.
    Shoeless, I think you should have changed the font to red, bolded the font and underlined it as well as capitalizing the \"IF\"...

I...am your father.

Default don\'t agree.

He\'ll never play 80 games - I\'ve been saying that since he was a rookie. I\"ve never had him on my team as a result and I\'m glad for it.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Benson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Kovalenko, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie, Daws
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Hanifin, Severson, Nikishin, Andrae

Dobber Sports Genius

Default don\'t agree.

Gabby - Top 10 Fantasy pool player in talent. When we factor in health, it drops his status immensely. At the moment he\'s slipped down the charts closer to 100th in Fantasy than we\'ve ever seen before. Risk/reward is the culprit. No surprises in that assessment. Then, factor in that you must invest something to have him on your squad. The repetition of his cycles has devastated him. Do you want him? At what price? Will you be able to unload him when he is up and running for something elite? The answer is \"it depends\". Depends on whether you can catch someone else in a needy position. It depends on how strong a risk taker they are.

Kovalev in exchange is a very interesting proposition. Older and presenting many of the same challenges to Fantasy Poolers himself. Not health wise, but in uneven production cycles.

If you can afford to pull him from your lineup (with Gabby back now) it\'s a pretty interesting move. With Kovalev\'s next birthday being his 36th, you have minimized the potential losses. He\'s so abstract though, that all at once he\'ll get interested now that he\'s \'very veteran\' and start focusing diligently for the first time in his life! Once in a while a Sakic, Selanne, Lidstrom, Bourque comes along and is very productive late in their careers. They tend to be sure fire Hall-of-Famers. Kovalev doesn\'t have his chair in the Hall reserved, but shares many similar world class elements with the others. It would somehow be fitting that he managed to achieve, when he was deemed too old!

All-in-all, Gaborik\'s talents should offset the loss of Kovalev and potentially yield a much higher reward! Imagine him leading the NHL scoring/goal race at the 40 game mark next year...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default don\'t agree.

Well it\'s not like Kovelev\'s value is all that high either, but I think you should be able to get Gabby for less... if you want him at all.

Other than last year, when I did comparisons to trade for him, I found that even Frolov has more value in my league. Better than point per games players like Gabby and Connolly are for gamblers. If you are in last and Brodeur is out and Spezza is slumping and your picks aren\'t panning out, then by all means - take a chance.

Yes they could hit 100, but then again... they could get 40 points in the 30 games they play too. If you could know which 30 games they will play, then in a roto league with a big bench they have value, otherwise you\'re just going to be banging your head on the wall until you find yourself on the IR with them...
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Pro

Default don\'t agree.

Big bench...Gaborik has tremendous value. Small bench, Gaborik\'s value declines significantly.

Factor in the number of IR spots. Every team is going to use IR throughout the season. Can you afford to have one spot reserved for Gaborik??
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default don\'t agree.

Dobber wrote:
    He\'ll never play 80 games - I\'ve been saying that since he was a rookie. I\"ve never had him on my team as a result and I\'m glad for it.
    Agree 110%

Dobber Sports Expert

Default don\'t agree.

my take.

Gabs plays 50-70 games per seasons get 70-80+ in those seasons.

Chances are he will be on IR for 12-32 games.

Picking up some hot players, maybe getting 10-20 points in his absence. has greater value than a mostly lazy Kovalev.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default don\'t agree.

Rad64 wrote:
    Big bench...Gaborik has tremendous value. Small bench, Gaborik\'s value declines significantly.

Factor in the number of IR spots. Every team is going to use IR throughout the season. Can you afford to have one spot reserved for Gaborik??
    exactly my thoughts. love that avatar Rad.

if i could get gaborik in my pool for kovalev, i would. but i find that gabby owners are the most delusional folks out there. HUGE gap between how i value him and how they do.