Thread: This is weird right?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default This is weird right?

So this is the scenario that makes me wonder...

A team sitting at 1-4 dropped JVR and added Trouba who is out for a month or so. They also dropped Hornqvist and added Hronek.

Who tf would drop either of those guys sitting at 1-4, or any record for that matter? Go figure the next in line for waivers is the league commissioner and he’s at 4-1.

If he gets either of these guys it makes me wonder if the 1-4 is a burner/stash team of his?

This is not far fetched right? All you need is a different email to have a team no?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: This is weird right?

If you are questioning this? Get out of the league?
    Not a lot of trust ?
    Good Luck
    16 team league, Weekly changes
    32 Players play 20, 2 Goalies, 6 Def, 12 Fwd
    2*G,1*a,+/-*.5,.2* pim
    4*W,-1*L,1*OTL,5*SO
    17 Keepers
    Keepers marked with*
    auto protect under 40 Games
    Goal
    Vejmelka, Markstrom, Forsberg, Alnefelt,
    Ukko-Pekka Luukkoonen
    Defence
    Slavin, Pietrangelo, Girard, Hague, Joseph,
    Matheson, Brannstrom, Jokiharju, Parayko
    Forward
    Gaudreau*, Tuch, Garland, Mangiapane, L’Hereux
    Aho*, McCann, Necas, Stephenson, Zacha,
    Marchessault*, Stone, Reilly Smith, Hall,
    Giroux, Landeskog, Rodrigues, Reilly Smith, Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post

A team sitting at 1-4 dropped JVR and added Trouba who is out for a month or so. They also dropped Hornqvist and added Hronek.

Who tf would drop either of those guys sitting at 1-4, or any record for that matter? Go figure the next in line for waivers is the league commissioner and he’s at 4-1.

If he gets either of these guys it makes me wonder if the 1-4 is a burner/stash team of his?

This is not far fetched right? All you need is a different email to have a team no?
    It's still pretty early in the season and JVR and Hornqvist are by no means studs. These types of players are on/off the wire frequently. With DeAngelo out, Trouba's value has gone up and Hronek is PP1 lock defenseman which can be hard to find in deeper leagues. If this guy feels he needs to improve his D core then those aren't really odd moves at all. I wouldn't over-think this one. Save that for if/when these two teams start trading with one another when one is statistically eliminated. LOL
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports All-Star

Very weird. JVR and Hornqvist are having pretty good years. Maybe their best. The 1-4 team is in cahoots with the 4-1 team. No doubt about it. Unless of course there is NO trading allowed in your league.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I don't think the Hronek move is that weird. He's healthy, and solid.

If there's IR, I can see wanting Trouba, but I would be surprised that he got dropped in the first place if so.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If thats not the first red flag you are noticing in this league then you should leave it for sure. And (if on yahoo) when you join a league you should look at the other GMs levels. If there are some or most of the GMs with lower than diamond level
    you should run away.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    If thats not the first red flag you are noticing in this league then you should leave it for sure. And (if on yahoo) when you join a league you should look at the other GMs levels. If there are some or most of the GMs with lower than diamond level
    you should run away.
    Yep I would be very skeptical and definitely wouldn't join back up.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I got weak last minute and joined a Yahoo public money league. Figured for $20 why not. Had a great draft and I'm in 1st, but a week into the pool a team traded Tavares for McDavid, giving one team McDavid and Mackinnon. Took the air out of my sails completely. I definitely won't join one of these again.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm surprised by the responses here. Now I'm paranoid... LOL

Keep us posted on how things play out pal!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Guess we will see what the waivers bring tomorrow. Again the main driver for my questioning is the 1-4 team is in a win now situation. So I could see grabbing trouba if the dude was like .500 or over and playing the Long game...and Hronek is meh. Not great but not bad imo. Yeah he is PP1 but Detroit is hot garbage. Just weird a team In a win now situation unloads guys who are currently doing well. At the very least he could have tried to trade high for them.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep the lack of trade attempt is very concerning.

Oh also, the 1-4 team before adding trouba and hronek has provorov, Chabot, parayko, dahlin, josi, and giordano. I wouldnÂ’t exactly pin that as a team needing D bad enough to outright drop JVR and Hornqvist. Idk maybe I’m overthinking and the guy is 1-4 for a reason ie not good at fantasy.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

"Not good at fantasy" is definitely a real possibility, and people who are good at it shouldn't complain too hard about those whose aren't, especially in free or for fun leagues with friends, coworkers, family.

I've seen a guy rip into a teenager for not being good at fantasy, when he himself was not good at fantasy, just thought he was.

I've had a commissioner claim that he's got an easy division this year, because "all the girls are in it". He is truly bad at fantasy, and while he did put all the girls in it, he left the defending champ in it (me) with them. In the 4 team division, he came in horribly last.

My solution to this is to not play for money, unless it's a minimal amount with people I know, and minimal is like $10 entry.

I didn't realize Yahoo has GM ratings now, haven't played there much in a long time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by 1320kid View Post

The JVR for Trouba thing...I wonder if they wanted to stash Trouba and then use the extra roster spot on a waiver claim. That's what my guess is although who knows. Quite possible they were just stashing and planned on swapping out JVR for someone else whether waivers or free agency.

Hornqvist for Hronek, I guess I don't really get that one without seeing their roster, but I am guessing they couldnt fit Hornqvist in or something like that?

I would not be overly suspicious about it TBH, but keep an eye on those teams and see if there's an ongoing situation.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen