Thread: Which two goalies to keep

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Which two goalies to keep

Hi,

Dynasty League, not in the hunt this year...

Which 2 goalies would you keep out of these Merzlikins, Petersen, Nedeljkovic or Kahkonen.

Thanks

Andy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Which two goalies to keep

I would keep Elvis and than either Kahkonen or Petersen, depending on how season goes.
    Hard to say if Kahkonen or Petersen is better choice right now.

I am in a very similar situation, have Ullmark, Elvis, Kahkonen and Petersen.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know what categories your league rewards points for (always good to share that type of info for the best, most accurate answers) but my personal choice is Merzlikins and Peterson. Keeping in mind both are share time goalies but the future is bright for both if you can he patient.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for your replies!

Goalie categories are Wx2 OTLx1 SOx5. Best two for entire season count.

Here's my thinking :

- Elvis is the best goalie (please tell that to Tortorella) on a fairy defensive team but in a forever 60-40 sharing situation not in his favor. Probably will trade him because he has the best value this year.
    - Kahkonen on a defensive team and should be clearcut #1 (veteran competition not signed yet for next season). So he looks like my #1 choice.
    -
    Nedeljkovic in a similar situation than Kahkonen. Better team but less defensive. Not as far in his development but upside looks thru the roof. He would be my second choice. Still tradable if I get good offer.
    - Peterson. Solid goalie but should share duties for a while. We don't know our Quickly he will be undisputed #1. Older and his upside is probably a little more limited. My last choice and fairly tradable.

Looking forward to your comments!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by andy99 View Post
    Thanks for your replies!

Goalie categories are Wx2 OTLx1 SOx5. Best two for entire season count.

Here's my thinking :

- Elvis is the best goalie (please tell that to Tortorella) on a fairy defensive team but in a forever 60-40 sharing situation not in his favor. Probably will trade him because he has the best value this year.
    - Kahkonen on a defensive team and should be clearcut #1 (veteran competition not signed yet for next season). So he looks like my #1 choice.
    -
    Nedeljkovic in a similar situation than Kahkonen. Better team but less defensive. Not as far in his development but upside looks thru the roof. He would be my second choice. Still tradable if I get good offer.
    - Peterson. Solid goalie but should share duties for a while. We don't know our Quickly he will be undisputed #1. Older and his upside is probably a little more limited. My last choice and fairly tradable.

Looking forward to your comments!
    Kahkonen will be behind Talbot for another year or two at least.

Let's also not forget that Peterson is the future for LA in goal. They have one of the best prospect pool in hockey who are going to start progressing to the NHL. Who do you think will be in nets when this prospect pool is trending upwards. Peterson. You have to look long term when talking about young goalies, not just what's going on today. I like LAs future and I really like Peterson because of that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."