Thread: Trade Necas vs Domi

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Trade Necas vs Domi

Points only - Should I be trading Domi for Necas? i would be acquiring Necas. I don't see Domi thriving in CLB this year.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trade Necas vs Domi

I would probably hold. I also don't see Domi thriving, but there are a lot of mouths to feed in CAR, so I'm not sure Necas will either. But it is quite possible that Necas outscores Domi by season's end. If this is a trade, I would ask for a sweetener as you are moving the more established player.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I haven't seen anything from Max Domi to suggest he'll ever top 60pts (again).
    That 72pt season in 18/19 with Montreal was a fluke, I believe.
    Everything went right, everything fell right. His shooting % was way higher than it ever was/shall be.

That said, I still peg him as a guy that will consistently score 45-58pts.

Necas is full of potential... but they've still got too many roadblocking players.
    Staal is signed through 2023, Nino thru 2022, Trocheck thru 2022.

To score 60+pts, a guy needs PP1 time.
    Domi is on a starved CBJ team, so at least he gets that time.
    Necas is fighting to get into the top 6F for CAR.

It's a hold on Domi for me... but watch this one carefully.
    I'd simply decline and say "I'm considering a rebuild if my team doesn't pan out well this season..."

That leaves the door open for you to come back with Domi for Necas later this year or in the summer.
    You certainly don't want to tip your hand towards this one.
    And if you come back without making the "rebuild" comment... than the other GM might reason you've seen something great about Necas or something negative about Domi.

Good luck.

Administrator

One-year league, I stick with Domi, I see more upside. Tough road for Necas to get the minutes required to hit another level. Not sure I want either in a one-year though.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Immortal

I agree with the above to hold since I think a great year for Necas might be where Domi is anyway. Also with metaldude that depending on your wire/league depth, I'm not sure I would want to own either this year.