Thread: Quinn Hughes

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Quinn Hughes

I was telling my brother I’m signing Quinn Hughes to 4 years, he said there is risk in that (ie: in past, Karlsson was signed that length, and was eventually bought out). I can’t speak to the circumstances surrounding Karlsson being previously bought out, he wasn’t as good as Makar/Hughes his rookie season, and even the next year he was 45 in 75, before he was almost ppg the next year. He only really ran into injury issues predominantly the last 2 seasons, but his goal scoring has fallen off the past 3. Every fantasy team’s circumstances are different, and values are constantly in flux for players, so I don’t think Hughes is risky just based on 1 example.

My league is obviously more goal weighted, but Makar and Hughes came in hot last season and are rare big impact D from the start, and are so young and in good situations. I don’t see much downside in signing a 21 year old Hughes, I don’t really have any other slot for him since I’m carrying Shesterkin over as my rookie now. Lots of people on here didn’t think I should take chances dropping Shest into the draft, and that Hughes/Shest was better than Hughes/Meier, so make room for Shest (moved on from Meier, traded with 5th rounder and other team is buying him out). It just so happened I had really strong d and goalies this year, so a couple fit into my plans. So basically instead of Hughes at rookie and Meier reg keeper, going Hughes reg keeper and Shest rookie.

Thoughts? As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, our league is forward dominant keeper wise, but this year Vasilevskiy, Shesterkin, Carlson, Makar and Hughes are for sure the 2 goalies and several D being held onto.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Quinn Hughes

I wouldn’t be worried about signing Hughes for 4 years. He looked good last year and the canucks have firepower so they will score and Hughes will be part of that offence. I don’t see him losing his spot on pp1 either

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Swarley View Post
    I wouldn’t be worried about signing Hughes for 4 years. He looked good last year and the canucks have firepower so they will score and Hughes will be part of that offence. I don’t see him losing his spot on pp1 either
    Yeah I mean my 2 and 3 year slots are occupied, and I’m not putting him at 1, that would be dumb, and people were saying don’t let Shesterkin go. And I’d say he’s not part of that offence, he’ll be a main cog in it along with Petey, and yeah he’s not losing pp1. I think if going to sign a D long term, now would be a good time based on what Hughes and Makar showed this past season.

Dobber Sports Monster

Sign him for 4 and don't worry about it. Your brother is giving you bad info.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

None of us own a crystal ball, but I wouldn't have any issues signing him to a 4 year contract. I'd probably go longer if that was an option. That's a risk I'd be willing to take.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Sign him for 4 and don't worry about it. Your brother is giving you bad info.
    That’s the plan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    None of us own a crystal ball, but I wouldn't have any issues signing him to a 4 year contract. I'd probably go longer if that was an option. That's a risk I'd be willing to take.
    Likewise