Thread: Big Trade! Involving Crosby

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Big Trade! Involving Crosby

So im toying with a trade idea. I dont know if he would accept it but we\'ve been bsing about trading, so im not sure. I do know he needs a goalie badly and likes Crosby.

So heres the potential trade:

I give: Crosby, Sami Salo and either Steve Mason or Pekka Rinne

He gives: Kopitar, Phaneuf and Setoguchi

This would leave me with Fleury in net when he gets back, Nittymaki and then either Mason or Rinne.

Is this a good trade? Im very leary of trading Crosby. As well as Mason, as hes pretty much the starter in Columbus.

Would Fleury and Rinne be able to hold down the fort with Nittymaki as backup?

Kopitar, Setoguchi and Phaneuf would be great to have.

My team:

C
    Sidney Crosby

C
    Jeff Carter

LW
    Alex Tanguay

LW
    Loui Eriksson

RW
    Marian Hossa

RW
    Petr Sykora

D
    Brent Seabrook

D
    Pavel Kubina

D
    Ed Jovanovski

D
    Rob Blake

UTIL
    Jordan Staal

Bench
    Sami Salo

Bench
    Marco Sturm

Bench
    Patrik Berglund

IR Bench
    Nathan Horton

G
    Steve Mason

G
    Antero Niittymaki

Bench
    Marc-Andre Fleury

Bench
    Pekka Rinne
    14 team H2H Keeper league.

Center: J. Carter, V. Lecavalier, J. Spezza, S. Stamkos

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

D: V. Hedman, A. Goligoski, C. Barker, B. Campbell

G: S. Mason, P. Rinne, D. Ellis

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Maybe i should think about this more with the proper frame of mind, lol.

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Initiate

That would be a terrible deal for you, if it\'s on the table as an offer, take it off then turn off your computer and run from it as far as you can. Then sit in the dark and don\'t answer the phone so you won\'t be tempted to look at any of these crosby offers again.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Whats the scoring system in your league?

I wouldn\'t do this deal if i were you. You lose in Crosby vs Kopitar, Gain in Phaneuf over Salo, but im one of those who don\'t trust in Seto\'s crazy start. Even if he turns out to be the real deal now is not the time to buy, his stock is way too high.

You have a good team. I can see why you would want to bid on Phaneuf, Blake is old and you could do better than seabrook unless your league counts hits. You have a lot of assets in net though, you could land a decent def for one of them without giving away Crosby. Phaneuf is hyped right now, you will overpay for him. No harm in trying but you should look at other less costly options, like Boumeester for exemple. Not that far away from Phaneuf in upside and could land on a good offensive team next year.
    Points only Keeper, forwards assists worth 0.5

C - Malkin, Kopitar, M.Richards, Sam Gagner, Kadri, Bozak, Burmistrov, Kuznetsov
    LW - Ovechkin, Gaborik, Booth, A.Kostsitsyn, JVR, Clowe, Tanguay, Tedenby
    RW - Kane, Stewart, Briere, Penner, Downie, Hayes
    D - Gonchar, Markov, Visnovsky, J.Johnson, Karlsson, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson
    G - Miller, Anderson, Schneider, Neuvirth
    Enroth, Pickard, Reimer

Dress weekly: 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Ace

Crosby has tremendous value in keeper leagues, and while Phaneuf is really high too, this is not near enough. I would think about making it thoguh if you could keep the goalie. Run it by him then report back here. Anything involving one of Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin requries alot of thought, and I could use the time as well as you.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It is hard to evaluate trades without knowing both your scoring and your league setup) # of teams, # of players)

However, my gut tells me you would lose on this deal and end up being the victim of someone selling Seto high.

Crosby alone should be worth more than what you are getting,
    12 Team Keeper league (keep all)

C - Giroux, Seguin, Marchessault, Fabbri, E. Staal
    W - P. Kane, Kucherov, D.Sedin, Radulov, Vanek
    D - Brodi, Klingberg, Hedman, Dumba, M. Green
    G - Dubnyk, J. Allen
    Farm - Werenski, D. Strome, Dubois,
    Bench - Ladd, Parenteau,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Heres the scoring. And the trade isnt on the table, its just speculation. Something that was conjured up and got me thinking.

Setoguchi is bound to keep going as long as SJ does, barring injury. And Phanuef is just solid all around. Kopitar is good but its too be seen how he does this season or beyond.

Losing Crosby would be a huge hit though. Salo isnt. But Mason could be a big loss too. I do have Simeon Varlamov who i dropped Nittymaki for, i really like Varlamov as Washingtons future.

G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG FOW HAT SOG HIT

Goalie

W L SA GA SV SO SV%

Dobber Sports Prodigy

never trade sid unless ur getting malkin or ovi...any other deals u will regret
    1 Year--All cats + faceoff wins
    c-Thorton,BRichards,Stastny
    rw-StLouis,Briere,Stewart
    lw-Nash,Morrow,Prospal
    d-Gonch,Lubo,Gogo,Jovo
    g-Nabokov,Lundy,Vokoun

Keep 8--All cats
    c-Stamkos*,Getz*,Duchene,Backstrom*,BRich
    lw-Heat*,morrow,flash,perron,filatov*
    rw-ryan*,wheeler,little,voracek,giroux
    d-doughty*,sWeber,bogo,myers,gonch,MDZ
    g-Price*,sMason,Pavelec

The Magnificent One

i would assume if you offered it up he would take it in a second. barring that in mind you are losing way too much.

phaneuf is a top dman but i have him and to be honest im a bit upset with his play as of late. he has a game here and there where he scores alot but then goes dry for a few games at a time. if you play h2h it hurts when he does nothing for a week.

seto yes a nice start and i tried to trade for him as well but sj is still moving along and scoring in bunches and he has been pretty quiet the last few games/even do i say weeks, so it is still unclear if he is the real deal.

kopitar as well has been kinda quiet this season except this past week him and brown have woken up a bit.

now they are all great players to have on a team and everyone wants them but giving up crosby and mason would seriously hurt your team as well.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crosby is 35+ points over any other forward (except Malking and Ovie), even though i see Kopitar as a 100 pts guy in the future, thats still a 35 points hit. Phaneuf is an elite D, but hes not 35 points over Boyle, Campbell, Gonchar, Markov, Weber ect. He right up there with them, but he wont have the impact Crosby will have in your pool.

Setoguchi isn\'t the only lucky kid to play with one of the greatest playmaker in the league, and he has the numbers to show for it. Cheechoo had that luck 3 years ago but went cold after a while. As i said before, orbiting a Crosby, Savard or Thornton can make you a star for a while, but not forever. While im comfortable saying he is a safe 65-70 points per year, im not with the 90 points pace hes on now.
    Points only Keeper, forwards assists worth 0.5

C - Malkin, Kopitar, M.Richards, Sam Gagner, Kadri, Bozak, Burmistrov, Kuznetsov
    LW - Ovechkin, Gaborik, Booth, A.Kostsitsyn, JVR, Clowe, Tanguay, Tedenby
    RW - Kane, Stewart, Briere, Penner, Downie, Hayes
    D - Gonchar, Markov, Visnovsky, J.Johnson, Karlsson, Kulikov, Shattenkirk, Gudbranson
    G - Miller, Anderson, Schneider, Neuvirth
    Enroth, Pickard, Reimer

Dress weekly: 3C, 3RW, 3LW, 4D, 2G

Dobber Sports Initiate

As Dirty Dangles said, I wouldn\'t give up Crosby unless you\'re getting Malkin, Ovechkin, and I\'d throw Luongo in there too. You can way more for him than that package.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the advice guys, i was leary to start with and now im gonna pull back from trading Crosby.

Would Hossa for Setoguchi be a good trade? I know some of you have said Seto is benefiting from where he is but if hes gonna stay there, plus his age, would this be a good trade for an aging Hossa.