Thread: Moving Boedeker: 2 deals

The Great One

Default Moving Boedeker: 2 deals

So I am fighting tooth and nail for a playoff spot in my yahoo league (different than sig), and currently sit in 6th aka the cutoff. Kippers recent play will probably smooth things out a bit in net for me but I feel like if I moved a few key \"future\" components I can shore up my chances. To this end I made a post saying I was willing to part with Boedeker, Gagner, and or a 1st next year for help this year. I got ZERO interest in gagner, and teams are at he fuzzy parts of their season where they can\'t decide if they want to rebuild (go for the pick) or stay in contention (keep their vets). So far there are two key deals in place (both with the same gm):

Gionta for Boedeker and a conditional pick- The pick is a 1st round if Gionta scores 25 goals and/or 70 points. A 3rd if he doesn\'t.

Im really torn because Gionta is so damn streaky! Will he be the 40 foal, 80 point guy from 2 years ago? Or is he a 20 goal- 50 point player?! Also its hard to gauge Boedekers value because he isn\'t hitting the scoreboard. All reports I read indicate he is playing very well and logging a ton of ice time for an 18 year old- but Im not sure on how long it will take before he makes an impact. Worst case scenario Gionta scores 25 and ends up with 45-50 and Im out Boedeker and what could reasonably be pick 4 through 12 in a very good draft year....

Briere/Boedeker/1st for Lecavalier

My question on this is if its worth considering on his end. I sent it out and the other owner wants to wait on Brieres injury and is trying for the first deal in the meantime. Basically I am ready to do this but don\'t want to wait on moving Boedeker if this is unfair and has no real chance of going through. I tend to think its worth consideration and could make sense for a team targetting next year. Opinions?

Feel free to weigh in...

The Great One

To me, I understand why the other guy is hesitating over the 2nd offer. I wouldn\'t trade Briere/Boedker/1st for Lecavalier, even if Briere was healthy. Lecavalier is just too damn good.

As for the first deal, I don\'t put much value on Gionta and seriously doubt he will help you make the playoffs. Maybe he will, but I don\'t think he will return to his 40 goal, 80 pt days.

Boedker\'s value (as with almost everyone on Phoenix) is pretty low right now, and a 1st rounder next year will get you a quality player (assuming you can draft from the likes of Tavares, Hedman, Paajarvi, etc.).

Bottomline, I wouldn\'t do deal #1 if I were you, and I seriously doubt he will do deal #2.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Ace

Emu -

With regards to the 1st deal, I am kind of hard pressed to think Gionta is enough of an upgrade to trade off a prospect of the likes of Boedker. The fact that you are adding in a pick makes this more unappealing to me. Gionta is too much of an enigma for me. The way I read your post, you are looking to land someone that will help ensure your spot in the playoffs.

I like the 2nd trade much more for your attempt to make the playoffs. I have some concern about Briere in general. I think that for the other team though, this might be a move that sets them back more than a year. I think Boedker will fall somewhere between 30 and 40 points this season. Next year he might reach 50. The pick is likely to be at the lower range of 4-12 and as a result may well be a player that is a year or two from even making the big show. I think Briere is a significant drop off from Vinny. In the long term the other guy may well make out if Boedker is a top line winger in PHX, the 1st rounder pans out well, and Briere and find his way back to a 70 point season. This likelihood is probably several years away. I can see why he is hesitant to make this move.

Just my thoughts.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

The Great One

Enapai wrote:
    Emu -

With regards to the 1st deal, I am kind of hard pressed to think Gionta is enough of an upgrade to trade off a prospect of the likes of Boedker. The fact that you are adding in a pick makes this more unappealing to me. Gionta is too much of an enigma for me. The way I read your post, you are looking to land someone that will help ensure your spot in the playoffs.

I like the 2nd trade much more for your attempt to make the playoffs. I have some concern about Briere in general. I think that for the other team though, this might be a move that sets them back more than a year. I think Boedker will fall somewhere between 30 and 40 points this season. Next year he might reach 50. The pick is likely to be at the lower range of 4-12 and as a result may well be a player that is a year or two from even making the big show. I think Briere is a significant drop off from Vinny. In the long term the other guy may well make out if Boedker is a top line winger in PHX, the 1st rounder pans out well, and Briere and find his way back to a 70 point season. This likelihood is probably several years away. I can see why he is hesitant to make this move.

Just my thoughts.
    Thanks for both replies- Karma! I went ahead and rejected Gionta- balls in his court with deal 2 but Im not sure where thats going. Ill continue to shop Boedekker and the pick. Any suggestions on who to target with a package like this?

Banned

Emu, I think what you should do is look at the injured Francois Beauchemin...sure he\'s out for the season with a torn ACL but he\'s sure to come back early and notch 50+ pts...I happen to know a certain Wookie who would be happy to negotiate such a deal for the services of such a lame duck as Boedeker