Page 81 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 71 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

The fact Trump wanted to sign the stimulus cheques himself (which he can't sign things from the IRS) shows how he just constantly wants his ego stroked. And now they're delaying cheques to people who need them because they have to print his name on them now?

Also, USA had like $41mill in debt to the WHO this yr from missed payments from previous yrs, and needed to pay almost $100mill in March. Outstanding debt due to WHO in March was like $250mill-ish. The most recent documents for voluntary donations is 2017. I don't know when in 2017 that document shows, but Trump's inauguration was Jan 2017.

So, the data that shows USA donating a large sum of money to WHO could have been Obama.

The WHO info was taken from this article
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Meanwhile, optimism. And hope. Maybe better days ahead soon.

Dow futures soar 800 points as investors pin hope on Gilead coronavirus treatment and U.S. reopening.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...ing-2020-04-16
    is there any additional evidence about this drug being effective coming from italy or china where the virus hit first ?

Dobber Sports Titan

Also, in multiple approval rating survey's his approval rating has been between 0% to -13% change. AKA, if you believe in these survey's (I don't really, too much variables happening in them to accurately determine what's happening) his approval rating has dropped.

I only bring this up because mid-March people were praising him so much and showing his approval rating had increased because of his actions towards COVID-19

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...t_Donald_Trump

I know it's a wiki link, but it shows a chart of approval rating surveys for Donald with links to the actual surveys.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    is there any additional evidence about this drug being effective coming from italy or china where the virus hit first ?
    I understand the humanity aspect of the research done with the Gilead drug, but they didn't use a control group. AKA they didn't take half of the patients and gave them a placebo to see if the drug would actually do anything.

The trial for the most seriously ill patients does not include a control group, which is given a placebo. So, Dr Mullane said, it was hard to draw too many conclusions. But she said that after starting the drug, many patients saw their fevers reduced quickly, some came off ventilators the next day and most did not need the full course of 10 days. Some Biotech analysts on Wall Street have warned against overreacting to news of a potential treatment.
    https://www.ft.com/content/c0b7a2a1-...6-55250cbbbaff

He said it was important to note that none of the patients on the Chicago trial had been on invasive ventilation, which tends to be an indication of a more serious condition and worse outcomes.
    None of the patients were also on invasive ventilation. This drug is far away from being made for general use.

Anything is better though than the drug Trump suggested as it was giving people heart palpitations I guess.

On the Gilead drug, fingers crossed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The evidence is preliminary, weak, uncontrolled, and at the end of the day there is close to zero reason for the degree of optimism. Worth more study, yes. But this is example number 4,696 why the stock market is not a good indicator for things like this.

I knew nothing about this drug until last night and it took me about 10 minutes of researching to look up the information.

These things take time. There is no miracle cure around the corner.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    What are you trying to accomplish?
    Why are you asking me? Ask the poster who started the crazy quotes game.
    I was just following his lead.
    He was trying to play along, but never picked up on the rules.

Reply with non-nonsensical retorts to avoid questions and discredit reporters. All reply's I gave Willy were direct quotes from Trump to reporters over the last 3 months.
    Not one was to a CNN reporter.

NYTimes, Washington Post, CNBC, CBS were all included.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

I have one more quote... but let's change the rules of the game... It's simple...
    Guess who said:

"Trump definitely should have apologized for his initial response to this whole thing."

Dobber Sports Jedi

anecdotal.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy....

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...ask-force.html

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

"Trump definitely should have apologized for his initial response to this whole thing."

He definitely should have, like many other leaders.
    I'll bet whoever said it also found many reasons to defend the President.
    Kudos, if so, for his balanced and fair approach.

I'm glad you decided to keep the quote game going though.
    Here's a great one:

"Um, you know, there's a uh, during World War... Two, uh, you know, where Roosevelt came up with a thing that uh, you know, was totally different than a, than the, the, it's called, he's called it a, you know, the World War Two, he had the World, the War Production Board."

lol!

Dobber Sports Titan

Trump's invented a ton of words:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjam8q7ziEA

Dobber Sports Jedi

He definitely should have, like many other leaders.
    I'll bet whoever said it also found many reasons to defend the President.
    Kudos, if so, for his balanced and fair approach.

I'm glad you decided to keep the quote game going though.
    Here's a great one:

"Um, you know, there's a uh, during World War... Two, uh, you know, where Roosevelt came up with a thing that uh, you know, was totally different than a, than the, the, it's called, he's called it a, you know, the World War Two, he had the World, the War Production Board."

lol!
    The problem is... the guy who said that... has then defended Trumps early response to the pandemic by touting the only thing he did repeatedly.
    "He stopped flights from China early"
    "He stopped travel from Europe first"

Unfortunately, he did nothing else for six weeks.

Nothing.

My quotes are relevant to the thread - the debacle is Trumps.

I don't see how your quotes relate to COVID at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I do love that you used this quote:

"We need to invent technologies that have never even been invented yet!"

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The problem is... the guy who said that... has then defended Trumps early response to the pandemic by touting the only thing he did repeatedly.
    "He stopped flights from China early"
    "He stopped travel from Europe first"

Unfortunately, he did nothing else for six weeks.

Nothing.

My quotes are relevant to the thread - the debacle is Trumps.

I don't see how your quotes relate to COVID at all.

- - - Updated - - -

I do love that you used this quote:

"We need to invent technologies that have never even been invented yet!"

I'm not so sure about nothing.
    I'd like to see what Trudeau did compared to Trump's activity below. Also, he was still pre-occupied with the impeachment hoax in early February. Thanks Dems!

Regarding the invention quote, conservatives will know the airhead who said that, even though, unsurprisingly, Dems want to pretend they didn't hear it.

January 31: The Trump Administration:

• Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
    • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
    • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

January 31: The Department of Homeland Security took critical steps to funnel all flights from China into just 7 domestic U.S. airports.
    February 5: The Trump Administration and health officials briefed lawmakers on the Federal Government's coronavirus response efforts.
    February 9: The White House Coronavirus Task Force briefed governors from across the nation at the National GovernorsÂ’ Association Meeting in Washington.
    February 12: The U.S. shipped test kits for the 2019 novel coronavirus to approximately 30 countries who lacked the necessary reagents and other materials.
    February 12: The CDC was prepared to travel to China but had yet to receive permission from the Chinese government.
    February 24: The Trump Administration sent a letter to Congress requesting at least $2.5 billion to help combat the spread of the coronavirus.
    February 26: President Trump discussed coronavirus containment efforts with Indian PM Modi and updated the press on his AdministrationÂ’s containment efforts in the U.S. during his state visit to India.
    February 29: The Trump Administration:

• Announced a level 4 travel advisory to areas of Italy and South Korea.
    • Barred all travel to Iran.
    • Barred the entry of foreign citizens who visited Iran in the last 14 days.

March 3: The CDC lifted federal restrictions on coronavirus testing to allow any American to be tested for coronavirus, “subject to doctor’s orders.”
    March 3: The White House announced President Trump donated his fourth quarter salary to fight the coronavirus.
    March 4: The Trump Administration announced the purchase of approximately 500 million N95 respirators over the next 18 months to respond to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus.
    March 6: President Trump signed an $8.3 billion bill to fight the coronavirus outbreak.
    The bill provides $7.76 billion to federal, state, & local agencies to combat the coronavirus and authorizes an additional $500 million in waivers for Medicare telehealth restrictions.
    March 9: President Trump called on Congress to pass a payroll tax cut over coronavirus.
    March 10: President Trump and VP Pence met with top health insurance companies and secured a commitment to waive co-pays for coronavirus testing.
    March 11: President Trump:

• Announced travel restrictions on foreigners who had visited Europe in the last 14 days.
    • Directed the Small Business Administration to issue low-interest loans to affected small businesses and called on congress to increase this fund by $50 billion.
    • Directed the Treasury Department to defer tax payments for affected individuals & businesses, & provide $200 billion in “additional liquidity.”
    • Met with American bankers at the White House to discuss coronavirus.

March 13: President Trump declared a national emergency in order to access $42 billion in existing funds to combat the coronavirus.
    March 13: President Trump announced:

• Public-private partnerships to open up drive-through testing collection sites.
    • A pause on interest payments on federal student loans.
    • An order to the Department of Energy to purchase oil for the strategic petroleum reserve.

March 13: HHS announced funding for the development of two new rapid diagnostic tests, which would be able to detect coronavirus in approximately 1 hour.
    March 14: The Coronavirus Relief Bill passed the House of Representatives.
    March 14: The Trump Administration announced the European travel ban will extend to the UK and Ireland.
    March 15: President Trump held a phone call with over two dozen grocery store executives to discuss on-going demand for food and other supplies.
    March 15: Google announced a partnership with the Trump Administration to develop a website dedicated to coronavirus education, prevention, & local resources.
    March 15: All 50 states were contacted through FEMA to coordinate “federally-supported, state-led efforts” to end coronavirus.
    March 16: President Trump:

• Held a tele-conference with governors to discuss coronavirus preparedness and response.
    • Participated in a call with G7 leaders who committed to increasing coordination in response to the coronavirus and restoring global economic confidence.
    • Announced that the first potential vaccine for coronavirus has entered a phase one trial in a record amount of time.
    • Announced “15 days to slow the spread” coronavirus guidance.

March 16: Asst. Secretary for Health confirmed the availability of 1 million coronavirus tests, and projected 2 million tests available the next week and 5 million the following.
    March 17: President Trump announced:

• CMS will expand telehealth benefits for Medicare beneficiaries.
    • Relevant Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act penalties will not be enforced.
    • The Army Corps of Engineers is on ”standby” to assist federal & state governments.

March 17: President Trump spoke to fast food executives from WendyÂ’s, McDonaldÂ’s and Burger King to discuss drive-thru services recommended by CDC
    March 17: President Trump met with tourism industry representatives along with industrial supply, retail, and wholesale representatives.
    March 17: The Department of Defense announced it will make available to HHS up to five million respirator masks and 2,000 ventilators.
    March 18: President Trump signed the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, which provides free testing and paid sick leave for workers impacted by the coronavirus.
    March 18: President Trump announced:

• Temporary closure of the U.S.-Canada border to non-essential traffic.
    • Plans to invoke the Defense Production Act in order to increase the number of necessary supplies needed to combat coronavirus.
    • FEMA has been activated in every region at its highest level of response.
    • The U.S. Navy will deploy USNS Comfort and USNS Mercy hospital ships.
    • All foreclosures and evictions will be suspended for a period of time.

March 18: President Trump spoke to:

• Doctors, physicians, and nurses on the front lines containing the spread of coronavirus.
    • 130 CEOs of the Business Roundtable to discuss on-going public-private partnerships in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Dobber Sports Jedi

So... should Trump be praised for his early response?

Or apologize?

Because you're saying both.

It can't be both.

You either did well... or you didn't.

It's Trump-speak. Argue both sides so later on you can say you were right.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The fact Trump wanted to sign the stimulus cheques himself (which he can't sign things from the IRS) shows how he just constantly wants his ego stroked. And now they're delaying cheques to people who need them because they have to print his name on them now?
    I don't think this one's about ego. It's an advertisement for reelection: Label the handouts as Trump dollars, get more votes. It's actually pretty smart, but very gross and possibly illegal.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Also, USA had like $41mill in debt to the WHO this yr from missed payments from previous yrs, and needed to pay almost $100mill in March. Outstanding debt due to WHO in March was like $250mill-ish. The most recent documents for voluntary donations is 2017. I don't know when in 2017 that document shows, but Trump's inauguration was Jan 2017.

So, the data that shows USA donating a large sum of money to WHO could have been Obama.
    900 million in contributions, including over 650 voluntarily.
    http://open.who.int/2018-19/contribu...20of%20America
    This is for 2018-19, so I'm baffled how one could possibly speculate that Obama should get credit for it. I'm open minded, but that seems like a stretch.