Page 43 of 132 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think you may have watched The Purge or played some video games too much. But we can disagree... I am fine with that.

I am pretty sure you would even disagree with me even if I said (insert doulos favourite hockey) team was a good hockey team.
    If you said the Oilers then I would agree!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I guess I just have to disagree with you lucafen. But that's alright.

I am sad for the Americans who are suffering and did not agree to or desire this.
    I am sad for anyone that truly believes that people desired this. No one truly desires a pandemic like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am sad for anyone that truly believes that people desired this. No one truly desires a pandemic like this.

No one deserves it. But you reap what you sow as they say.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The good news is that North Korea has zero cases! Simply amazing. WHO (not the band The Who, although they are awesome) should be rushing to ask them how they accomplished that remarkable feat or maybe they could talk to Taiwan...
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The good news is that North Korea has zero cases! Simply amazing. WHO (not the band The Who, although they are awesome) should be rushing to ask them how they accomplished that remarkable feat or maybe they could talk to Taiwan...
    Reminds me of the book World War Z.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    The world cut them off & closed their borders a long long time ago.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    The world cut them off & closed their borders a long long time ago.
    Kim Jong-un eliminated anyone who had symptoms to keep their numbers at zero.

J/K of course.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Kim Jong-un eliminated anyone who had symptoms to keep their numbers at zero.

J/K of course.
    or are you?

Truth is... we'll never know.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Oh. My. Goodness.

Gee, can't imagine why people don't trust the left anymore and the President's approval ratings are higher than ever.

Just a shot in the dark here, but maybe it's because while folks are gasping for breath during their last moments in this pandemic, people on the left are actually writing things like "you reap what you sow."
    And they see nothing wrong with it.

It's just incredible. Watch - someone, maybe several of them, will actually find a way to defend those abhorrent remarks in here.

Dobber Sports Padawan

you reap what you sow as they say.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    It has already saved lives.
    There's literally zero evidence of this.

Anyone who believes there is currently any evidence that proves these treatments are beneficial toward Covid-19 don't understand the difference between correlation and causation.

"We gave people this and some of them got better" =/= "they got better because we gave them this"

Hence, the clinic trials to provide better understood results, but certainly not something that should be called a "game changer" nor a "potential game changer" by one of the most influential people on the planet on national television.

Because, again, for the third time, stuff like that causes people to unnecessarily hoard it from people who actually need it, and it causes people to overdose on it and die, again, both of which have already happened.

Dobber Sports Titan

Seasonal Flu has a "Basic Reproduction Number" of 1.3. This number is the average number of people that an infected person can infect.

Measles, one of the most contagious viruses is 12-18. Zika was 3-6.6.

COVID-19 is 2-2.5 right now.

Basic math makes after 10 rounds of "infection" (1 person gets 1 sick, that person gets 2 sick to total as 4 ppl sick in 3 rounds). Seasonal flu sits at like 50-60ppl infected. COVID-19 is 2,000+.

When you're infectious with COVID-19, you typically start to show symptoms 5 days after catching it, sometimes up to 10-14 days after catching. Also known as the incubation period. And scientists think you're contagious during this period. The seasonal flu incubation period, 1-2 days. You get sick, you feel sick, you take precautions to prevent the spread. This is what we're used to. We are used to being contagious when we feel sick. Unlike COVID-19 when you are spreading it potentially, when you feel fine.

Now during this "incubation period" with the flu, you spend 1 day potentially spreading it to the population, however, since our bodies have potentially seen the flu before some people could have an immunity to the flu virus. Either through a flu shot, or they've had this strain of flu before. This is big, because if I'm sick and the seasonal flu virus from myself gets on 4 people in a day, 3 of the 4 people could have an immunity to this flu virus, and the 4th could not catch it. Then the same goes with that person. This is why doctors urge people to get the flu vaccine, not necessarily to block yourself from it, but to prevent the spread of the flu virus. Now pretty much no one has a COVID-19 immunity, it spreads, and nothing stops it, and it is twice as contagious as the seasonal flu.

Next, 2% of people with seasonal flu need to be hospitalized, COVID-19...it's 20-30%. COVID-19 fatality rate...1-3%. The seasonal flu...0.1%. COVID-19 is 10-30x higher across ALL age groups. That numbers jumps with the older you are (potentially).

So you have a virus, that has a Basic Reproduction Number twice the flu, 10x longer time period between when you catch it and when you start to show symptoms, no one has an immunity to it, it puts people in the hospital 10-15x more than the flu, 10-30x deadlier than the flu, and there's no cure or vaccine for it. And the seasonal flu has a vaccine.

The only cure we have right now, is social. Socially, we gotta take ourselves out of the equation. The above is supposed to show how contagious this COVID-19 is, and the fact we don't know who has it right now. I talked about how one of the reasons why doctors urge the world to get flu shots not to block yourself from getting the flu, but to take yourself out of the equation of spreading it. Social Distancing is the current COVID-19 vaccine. We all have to remove ourselves from the equation to make it effective.

Comparing COVID-19 to the flu makes sense. Both have the same symptoms, both are viruses, we've had previous coronaviruses in the past (MERS, SARS). Naturally we want to call it something we know to shield us from reality of the seriousness. But we gotta stop thinking it's the flu still. We need to continue/start social distancing. Don't ruin this for other people because you needed to go see your friends, have that party, go out to shop for non-essentials. Continue to social distance PLEASE
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

No one deserves it. But you reap what you sow as they say.
    so your argument would be the same if there was a different political party in place and there was more deaths?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    There's literally zero evidence of this.
    Because if I try to dispute this statement by citing the examples of people who claim it saved their lives, you would correctly claim that a) they aren't doctors and b) there's no way to prove they wouldn't have lived anyway, in the absence of their hydroxychloroquine treatment. Very true.

Bottom line, however, there is absolutely evidence that doctors think it helps. It's being used all over the world.

"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things."
    - The Shawshank Redemption

Dobber Sports Star

so your argument would be the same if there was a different political party in place and there was more deaths?
    Quit trying to twist people's words. What he's saying (I think) is that a lot of people value the economy above the lives of the weak, and he's right. I don't know how you could even argue that this isn't true. I have spoken to people myself who believe we should just let the virus roll through so the economy doesn't suffer. Cull the heard, save jobs. I'm not even saying I think that side is wrong, but you can't say it doesn't exist. People didn't explicitly vote FOR this, sure, but they voted for an ideology that values a strong economy above many other things.