Thread: Prospects of the Super Series

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Prospects of the Super Series

Hi everyone,

I\'ve got the opportunity to watch both games of Canada vs Russia.

After watching these 2 games how would you rate the following prospects fantasy wise:

Here is my order:

Turris (great vision, great future especially if he puts some weight)
    Gagner (great hands, good playmaker, good wrist shot)
    Cherepanov (disappointing,a little selfish:should of been 1st on this list)
    Giroux (was expecting a little more from him, great 1-2 punch with Gagner)
    Perron (really impressed me in the 2nd game)
    Hamill (far behind the above)

Here is my second question: where would Esposito fit in if he would have been part of this series ... to who would you compare him with the guys mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for your opinion guys

GelFlow

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:Prospects of the Super Series

id compare him to Perron with some Chere in him because like Perron he plays a one way hockey style and can boom like he did in the second game or be a little more invisible like the first game...also like Chere because of the selfishness he shows sometimes

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think Turris has benefitted from two great plays otherwise that line hasn\'t created that much. I\'ve been really surprised at Tavares lack of dominance, he really hasn\'t shown much. May be an age thing.

I think Gagner has really stood out and shown that he\'s not just a second fiddle to Kane, Gagner has created 7 or 8 top chances out of nothing for himself and his linemates...

Rating Cherapanov just isn\'t even fair because he is on his own out there playing against an unbelievably well coached team who in nature love to pound and shutdown guys... He\'s left out to dry and his play hasn\'t been all that bad. If you look at Ovechkin and Malkin in the last two WJC\'s they folded too under the pressure of Canada\'s shut down and big checking style.

I think Giroux\'s been decent, nothing spectacular but hasn\'t dropped. You can\'t expect all the guys to step up in every game.

Perron was useless in game 1 and bounced back with a great game in 2 including but not limited to that final goal. What a beauty. I love that he came back with pressure on from Suter and played so well in game 2 really shows his character.

I think the guys who\'ve really impressed have been Suter (he\'s been out of control) and Luke Schenn has impressed but I mainly notice that cause McGuire won\'t stop about him. ... Otherwise Doughty is gonna be a beauty! So sound at home and that rush where he dance through in the fog was golden....

So yeah that\'s my take... as far as rankings I\'ll go just based on the two games not what I knew coming in...

1. Gagner
    2. Suter
    3. Doughty
    4. Perron
    5. Turris
    6. Bernier... Just because he got a shutout with 0 visibility ... that\'s just insane...
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Padawan

I disagree with Pudge a bit on Turris. I\'ve noticed him make a several small plays that have really impressed me, so based only on these two games, I\'d put him first, with Gagner a close second. Doughty would be third, then Giroux, Sutter and Perron. I\'m surprised you have Hamill so high considering he was benched for game 2.

I don\'t think we\'ve seen enough of the Russians to really rate them yet. That may tell us something, but at some point Cherepanov will show why he\'s so highly touted. He did make one sweet move towards the end of game 2.

As for Esposito, based on skill I would probably put him after Gagner, but if he rides shotgun to Crosby or Malkin for years, he may turn out to be the most valuable of all.

Finally, Sutter has been amazing, the best in the series. But as a fantasy prospect he won\'t be in the top 3 or 4.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Initiate

just to clarify, my early comments were in relation to my expectations for the players going in, I expected more from Turris. He hasn\'t played poorly he just hasn\'t been as visible as I\'d thought he might be.

And I agree that Suter isn\'t valuable fantasy wise, but what a player!
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'d rank them as such:

1. Turris
    2. Gagner
    3. Sutter
    4. Giroux
    5. Voinov
    6. Mayorov
    7. Alzner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

1. Gagner
    2. Suter
    3. Doughty
    4. Perron
    5. Turris
    6. Bernier... Just because he got a shutout with 0 visibility ... that\'s just insane...

I Also disagree with this...particularly Turris, the quick move to his backhand on the pp goal in the second game was awesome....I think this is a coming out party sort of tournament for him...a chance to finally play outside of the BCJHL and prove if he\'s got it...and he does......I would expect big big things from him in the world juniors this year, and in terms of skill....I would say he\'s the top of this list.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello GelFlow \'et al\'

The guy that has really impressed me is Steve Mason. I had never seen him play before. He certainly appears calm, confident and has great control of the rebounds, with maybe the exception of the Russians second goal today. Irving and Bernier are known and I think that this series will put Mason into the same field.

You can\'t argue with the choice of Turris as being one of the best players thus far. He certainly has shown that he has an exceptional skill set and belongs on the team of Canada\'s best prospects.

My thoughts.

Dobber Sports Initiate

flamesfan wrote:
    1. Gagner
    2. Suter
    3. Doughty
    4. Perron
    5. Turris

I Also disagree with this...particularly Turris, the quick move to his backhand on the pp goal in the second game was awesome....I think this is a coming out party sort of tournament for him...a chance to finally play outside of the BCJHL and prove if he\'s got it...and he does......I would expect big big things from him in the world juniors this year, and in terms of skill....I would say he\'s the top of this list.
    I wrote that after game 2. and as I said it was based on my expectations coming in, Turris was 1a on my list and Tavares was 1b of players I wanted to see. So that\'s why he was low.

Now that they\'ve played two more games Turris has definitely climbed to the top of the list.
    - lanky 522