Thread: [my] Erat for [his] Hartnell

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default [my] Erat for [his] Hartnell

Opinions? This is for standard H2H scoring including PIM\'s. They are pretty even so far this season, does one have more upside (or downside) than the other? I had originally ranked Hartnell higher, but he seems to be off to a fairly slow start...

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Expert

In H2H scoring for this year I\'d prefer Hartnell. Long-term I believe Erat has more scoring ability and an 80ish point upside. Hartnell plays a more physical game and should contribute better across multiple cats with a ceiling of 70ish points.

I haven\'t checked depth charts recently so I could easily be wrong on this, but my feeling is that a solid depth guy like Hartnell will benefit from Briere coming back in the lineup as it should push some of PHI\'s amazing depth at C back down into 3 lines.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

first of all....hartnell does NOT have a 70 point upside.

look at his career numbers...he will continue to be a 25 goal...55 point guy......max. add to that 100 pims or so.

Erat does have PPG upside......but his pims will be less....up to you to decide what you want more.

my opinion? go with erat...you can ALWAYS find pims

Dobber Sports Expert

gmw wrote:
    first of all....hartnell does NOT have a 70 point upside.
    Just to be clear, I\'m not suggesting he\'s a regular 70 point presence. I think if the stars aligned he could hit that point total as a career high.

look at his career numbers...he will continue to be a 25 goal...55 point guy......max. add to that 100 pims or so.
    He\'s put up 10 power play goals in each of the past 3 seasons. At 27 years of age Erat has never had more than 5 power play goals.

Erat does have PPG upside......
    I actually agree with you, but at 27 years old, and having never cleared 57 points in any NHL season what gives you grounds for that opinion?

If I add 20-25 points to Erat\'s highest ever NHL totals he could be an 80 point player...we agree on this. If I add the same 20-25 points to Hartnell\'s best season of 48 points we\'d be right in the 70 point upside prediction. How come it works for Erat and not Hartnell, who is a year younger than Erat.

I guess we\'ll agree to disagree. I believe \'wannabe\' PPG players who regularly get 60-65 are easier to grab off the waiver wire than regular 50-55 point guys who contribute well in many cats.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask