Thread: trade hoffman or arvidsson for zibanajad?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default trade hoffman or arvidsson for zibanajad?

i actually need another center so might be worth the deal or should i stick with hoffman and arvidsson all pretty close i think

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: trade hoffman or arvidsson for zibanajad?

Roster, league info, and cats would help but I'm almost certainly doing this deal for Hoffman.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

H2H POINTS 10 team pool
    Goals (G) 6
    Assists (A) 4
    Plus/Minus (+/-) 2
    Powerplay Points (PPP) 2
    Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.9
    Blocks (BLK) 1

Dobber Sports Sage

Without seeing your roster, I'd move Hoffman for him on the surface and hope for the best on the injury front. I think the reward outweighs the risk.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

u think hes a notch above ? they had about the same season last year

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by daniele View Post
    u think hes a notch above ? they had about the same season last year
    I do think he's a notch above. Zibbs drives offence really well and is the go to top centerman (20+ min per night) in New York. You add Panarin and we have a winning recipe. We saw a small sample to start the season and I think he goes ppg the rest of the way. Hoffman is not a PPG player and I don't think he has that upside.

Hoffman barely hits and is a minus player for the past two seasons (-24 last year). Hoffman does shoot a lot but so does Zibanejad.

Team wise Florida is deeper and Hoffman plays about 3 minutes a game less. He has the potential to get moved to PP2 where Zibby just doesn't. There are at least 2 better offensive players than Hoffman on Florida (arguably 4 or 5). This is a no brainer for me, I take Zibanejad all day.

Edit: Sometimes I think we undervalue deployment and specifically time on ice. Over an 82 game season three minutes more per game totals 246 minutes. If we take an average of 20 min per game (Zibby averaged over 20 min/game last season and to start the year) and divide that into 246 we get 12.3. So, essentially over the course of the entire season it's equivalent to Zibanejad playing 12.3 more games than Hoffman (this is hugely powerful for fantasy). One more point is that Hoffman had a career high shooting percentage last season and Zibby's was more inline with his average (slightly higher but nothing crazy at all, very sustainable).

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ok thanks once again

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by daniele View Post
    ok thanks once again
    No prob, just for some balance my only potential hesitation is the injury impact. But I think the upside is worth the risk.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I traded for Zibby this offseason and think he definitely would be worth it in the trade. He will always have as mentioned before the advantage with ice time