Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Justin Faulk to STL

Administrator

Default Re: [TRADE] Justin Faulk to STL

Why are we still putting way too much stock in preseason lines?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [RUMOUR] Justin Faulk pulled from ice at practice - possibly traded.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You know Gardiner's been practicing on PP1 not Hamilton right?

looks more like Gardiner's time

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I didnt know that, but I had my suspicions ... thats what Carolina do - trade for Hamilton and for whatever reason dont give him the chance to play on that first PP unit
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/s...90370509135872

Carolina is keeping 14% of Justin Faulk's salary this season #stlblues
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [RUMOUR] Justin Faulk pulled from ice at practice - possibly traded.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    For now... I'm not worried about Gardiner... I'm a Leafs fan... I know what he is
    I have to argue this point... Leafs fans don't have a clue what Gardiner is or he wouldn't have been run out of town. Gardiner is a top offensive option and will be running PP1 in Carolina. Leaf fans just tend to view him as a defensive liability (not untrue). But the guy is capable of scoring 50 points from the backend. I can see him repeating that total in his new home.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I have to argue this point... Leafs fans don't have a clue what Gardiner is or he wouldn't have been run out of town. Gardiner is a top offensive option and will be running PP1 in Carolina. Leaf fans just tend to view him as a defensive liability (not untrue). But the guy is capable of scoring 50 points from the backend. I can see him repeating that total in his new home.
    This is correct.

Dobber Sports Jedi

We know he crumbles under pressure.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Considering their playoff record the past couple years, that could be said about a lot of Leafs.

Sorry, I couldnt help myself. Yes, I know. Bring on the Oiler jokes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Which is exactly why he will thrive in Carolina... it's a hard to find an NHL market with less pressure than the Canes.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Considering their playoff record the past couple years, that could be said about a lot of Leafs.

Sorry, I couldnt help myself. Yes, I know. Bring on the Oiler jokes.
    Not really any jokes to be made... it's been too long since the Oilers played a meaningful game for them to even understand what "pressure" is
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Not really any jokes to be made... it's been too long since the Oilers played a meaningful game for them to even understand what "pressure" is
    Two years?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Which is exactly why he will thrive in Carolina... it's a hard to find an NHL market with less pressure than the Canes.

game 7 is still game 7 even in a non-traditional market. One would imagine there's similar pressure in a game 7 on a different team.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is correct.
    I second that this is correct. Gardiner is well-suited to run a PP. If Carolina was happy to use Faulk over Hamilton, they sure as hell will be happy to use Gardiner in that role.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

What a mistake for St-Louis. The trade is one thing, but the contract?? Oh man.... Are they still drunk?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    What a mistake for St-Louis. The trade is one thing, but the contract?? Oh man.... Are they still drunk?
    Looks like their GM enjoyed winning as much as Ovechkin

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Naw man... we waited on him for years... he was drafted in 2008... over 10 years ago!... I remember the crowd would chant "Free Jake Gardiner" because they had him toiling on the Marlies even four years after being drafted! He was given the opportunity finally to be our No.1, but never really ran away with the job... he was a terrible liability in fact... served up more pizzas than Dominos... I kid... but seriously, he was passed by Rielly and thats why that 50 pt season will be his peak. I'm sorry... hes a good skater and has some offensive chops but too many lapses to become a high end Dman.. . he'll have his moments in Carolina no doubt... probably be given opportunity too... time will tell... I could be wrong but I don't think I am...

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin_co View Post
    Naw man... we waited on him for years... he was drafted in 2008... over 10 years ago!... I remember the crowd would chant "Free Jake Gardiner" because they had him toiling on the Marlies even four years after being drafted! He was given the opportunity finally to be our No.1, but never really ran away with the job... he was a terrible liability in fact... served up more pizzas than Dominos... I kid... but seriously, he was passed by Rielly and thats why that 50 pt season will be his peak. I'm sorry... hes a good skater and has some offensive chops but too many lapses to become a high end Dman.. . he'll have his moments in Carolina no doubt... probably be given opportunity too... time will tell... I could be wrong but I don't think I am...
    Really shocking stuff that a Leafs prospect touted as The Saviour (when he never should have been) got turned on the moment he revealed himself as a solid second pairing defenseman and not the best #1 in the league. Never could have seen that coming.