Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trade for Aho

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trade for Aho

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    60 + 60 > 90

I'd preferably try and move Bertuzzi.
    If you're going to do this kind of napkin math, you have to include all the players replacing Johansen/Schenn. It's not just Aho, as one of Bertuzzi/Hintz will be taking those roles on most nights.

If we assume conservatively that Aho is an 80-point player, and Bertuzzi is a 50-point player, that's 130 points (80 +50 = 130). If Aho and Bertuzzi have another gear, then it's just even more gravy. It's a steep price to pay, but Aho is a premier young talent, and OP has the depth to overcome the loss of Johansen/Schenn with the points + peripherals of Bertuzzi (who is about to graduate and needs a spot) and Hintz.

I think swapping out Schenn for Pacioretty -- if you can swing it -- would be better for you. I'd also try to see if you can include a different piece besides Fox or Sandin since a lot of your Defense is getting long in the tooth. Maybe a guy like Holmstrom as the third piece?
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Trade for Aho

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    If you're going to do this kind of napkin math, you have to include all the players replacing Johansen/Schenn. It's not just Aho, as one of Bertuzzi/Hintz will be taking those roles on most nights.

If we assume conservatively that Aho is an 80-point player, and Bertuzzi is a 50-point player, that's 130 points (80 +50 = 130). If Aho and Bertuzzi have another gear, then it's just even more gravy. It's a steep price to pay, but Aho is a premier young talent, and OP has the depth to overcome the loss of Johansen/Schenn with the points + peripherals of Bertuzzi (who is about to graduate and needs a spot) and Hintz.

I think swapping out Schenn for Pacioretty -- if you can swing it -- would be better for you. I'd also try to see if you can include a different piece besides Fox or Sandin since a lot of your Defense is getting long in the tooth. Maybe a guy like Holmstrom as the third piece?
    Here's what I posted just after that previous post to complete my thought a little better.

Based on Dobber's projections:
    Schenn 75 to 62 + Johansen 80 to 68 VS Aho 93 to 85 + Bertuzzi 68 to 52.

So at their ceiling 155 VS 161
    At their floor 130 VS 137

So marginal difference when looking at points only.
    Looking at the other categories Aho doesn't really cover the spectrum the same way RyJo, Schenn and Bertuzzi do.

That's why I'd look to sell Bertuzzi first.
    Fair point.

I guess the way I see it you have two consistent players in Schenn / RyJo that are going fill a got majority of your categories VS a One facet-ted player in Aho and a still hasn't proven consistency in Bertuzzi.

Personally, I'd try to flip Bertuzzi for a higher potential prospect.

Or heck Bertuzzi and Pacioretty for Aho.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster