Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: McAvoy or Chabot in a Dynasty?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: McAvoy or Chabot in a Dynasty?

I prefer McAvoy, but man.... he needs to shoot the bloody puck A LOT MORE!! I know it was a rookie campaign and all but 77 SOG in 63GP is really... really hard to ignore.

Chabot is much more of a shooter.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Legend

McAvoy. What's not to love? The kid does it all - reminds me of Doughty.

Dobber Sports Monster

What do you guys think McAvoy's upside is? I think I took him a little too high in a keeper league draft (94th overall) 24 team H2H, 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 20 minor 6 bench. g,a,pts,pim,hit,blks,TOI,sog,ppp

Buddy of mine said im missing a few brain cells going with this strategy

C
    C
    C
    LW Kyle Connor (5)
    LW
    LW
    RW Nikita Kucherov (1)
    RW
    RW
    D Rasmus Dahlin (2)
    D Thomas Chabot (3)
    D Charlie McAvoy (4)
    D
    D
    D
    G

I had the 3rd Overall Pick.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    What do you guys think McAvoy's upside is? I think I took him a little too high in a keeper league draft (94th overall) 24 team H2H, 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 20 minor 6 bench. g,a,pts,pim,hit,blks,TOI,sog,ppp

Buddy of mine said im missing a few brain cells going with this strategy

C
    C
    C
    LW Kyle Connor (5)
    LW
    LW
    RW Nikita Kucherov (1)
    RW
    RW
    D Rasmus Dahlin (2)
    D Thomas Chabot (3)
    D Charlie McAvoy (4)
    D
    D
    D
    G

I had the 3rd Overall Pick.

With hits and blocks, and TOI counting in place of FOWs I would say that you aren't far off the right path going with three studly, TOI eating young Dmen to build your team around.

As far as their upsides go... Think of McAvoy as Doughty/AP 2.0 and Chabot as Burns/Yandle 2.0.

That is to say that McAvoy is probably more valuable in real life while Chabot is a fantasy owners wet-dream. They are, however, both fantasy studs in any event.

That said, I would've grabbed a goalie around rounds 3-4 and recommend you target one with your next pick (not sure who is still available though?) and then focus on rounding out your forward core.

Good luck with your draft.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by VintageVibe View Post
    With hits and blocks, and TOI counting in place of FOWs I would say that you aren't far off the right path going with three studly, TOI eating young Dmen to build your team around.

As far as their upsides go... Think of McAvoy as Doughty/AP 2.0 and Chabot as Burns/Yandle 2.0.

That is to say that McAvoy is probably more valuable in real life while Chabot is a fantasy owners wet-dream. They are, however, both fantasy studs in any event.

That said, I would've grabbed a goalie around rounds 3-4 and recommend you target one with your next pick (not sure who is still available though?) and then focus on rounding out your forward core.

Good luck with your draft.
    These are the best goalies left. Plus most of the goalie prospects. I think the only goalie prospect taken was Thatcher Demko

Jones, Dubnyk, Fluery, Saros, Raanta, Rinne, Kuemper, Howard, Lundqvist, Koskinen, Varlamov, Greiss, Hutton, Quick, Georgiev, Talbot, Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

There isn’t necessarily anything wrong with taking the guys you did when you did. But when you take guys that have produced less than guys available but you hope to produce more in the future, you have to accept that it may not happen. It also may mean you don’t compete in the first year. If everything goes right then you may. But if Chabot takes a step back or McCavoy doesn’t take the next step forward, it could hurt. Still really early in a draft to be too worried.
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Padawan

right now - MCavoy Future- Chabot

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by golfguy1672 View Post
    There isn’t necessarily anything wrong with taking the guys you did when you did. But when you take guys that have produced less than guys available but you hope to produce more in the future, you have to accept that it may not happen. It also may mean you don’t compete in the first year. If everything goes right then you may. But if Chabot takes a step back or McCavoy doesn’t take the next step forward, it could hurt. Still really early in a draft to be too worried.
    Thank you. I was excited by picking Chabot. He produced what 55 points on an offensive stricken team. Can just imagine what he puts up once the team starts turning around. Right after I picked Chabot, Erik Karlsson got selected lol.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    Thank you. I was excited by picking Chabot. He produced what 55 points on an offensive stricken team. Can just imagine what he puts up once the team starts turning around. Right after I picked Chabot, Erik Karlsson got selected lol.
    I’d much rather have Chabot than Karlsson. Injury history like his make me nervous! Just don’t take my player with your next pick!
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Giant

I think Doughty is probably a fair comparable for McAvoy when determining his upside. Obviously, the PP minutes have to be there eventually or it's not going to be a fair comparison, so that's the concern I would have in making that comparison. It's a bit worrying that secondary PP minutes seemed to go to Grzelcyk after Krug, but I wouldn't be too worried about McAvoy's talent (and future cap hit) securing him prime deployment and plenty of chances to rack up the points.

He's a fantastic player, and a fun guy to root for - even if he plays for the Bruins.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin