Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: TRUMP

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: TRUMP

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Pretty dumb belief considering how every person in the world is different and have their own reasons for supporting or not supporting a person. I suppose it's just easier and requires less thinking to paint everyone in a group with the same brush...
    So now your attacking me after saying that this thread needs to get away from attacking one another immediately and even gave a final warning. Sounds hypocritical to me. Guess that's the end of this thread. If you back up your statement that is.

Everytime I watch CNN or read Trump threads, Trump supporters are always defensive. I haven't heard from all 7.5 billion people in the world, but so far it has been 100%, so I believe I would have to go with that. Give or take .004% for error.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    So now your attacking me after saying that this thread needs to get away from attacking one another immediately and even gave a final warning. Sounds hypocritical to me. Guess that's the end of this thread. If you back up your statement that is.

Everytime I watch CNN or read Trump threads, Trump supporters are always defensive. I haven't heard from all 7.5 billion people in the world, but so far it has been 100%, so I believe I would have to go with that. Give or take .004% for error.
    I'm not attacking you, I'm being critical of your statement. You can keep that belief if you want. You are free to make yourself look bad.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Cant believe y'all are still going at it....and its the same 5-6 people from 2 years ago having the same arguments where none of you have changed each others minds or changed the way you present your arguments.
    Im not upset, enjoy yourselves....just dont see what there is to gain.
    Haha, I know, what you say is very true. It's like two people looking at the same colour and being astounded that one person thinks it's blue, while the other thinks it's red. Not sure why any of us bother.

Dobber Sports Genius

- I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not attacking you, I'm being critical of your statement. You can keep that belief if you want. You are free to make yourself look bad.
    lol You're solid bud.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    But we're here anyway... so why bother navigating to another url.
    Personally, I come here to get away from politics and pointless arguments. Obviously I'm not alone, as most of these types of discussions always have the same handful of people in them. Why not go to Reddit (or other) where there's hockey and politics and the rest?

To me this is a pretty friendly community, and it's great because it's informative, fun, and sometimes even uplifting. Bringing politics in is a dark cloud over it, and especially as a mod, I need to read this. That is the one part I hate about it, is that I need to read all of the pointless bickering posts.

To each their own, there's nothing against you discussing it, I just wanted to let you know there are those of us here who take no how in the threads popping up, let alone having to read them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    A MAGA hat is just a hat.
    Whatever "symbols" attributed to it are completely manufactured by the fake news media and the brainless sheep who follow them.
    Are the so called "left" the only ones that produce fake news that brainless sheep follow? Or does the so called "right" have the same.?

IMO, Fox News is just as guilty and a lot of brainless sheep follow that lineup of Hannity, Levin, Carlson, Watters and others..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    This is absurd.

"Move because of your age" even though you were standing there first? How did he disrespect his elders by standing his ground and LITERALLY do nothing but smirk.

I'm sure if you were standing somewhere minding your own business and someone decided to walk inches from your face and beat a drum you'd be the first to walk away right?
    In a follow up interview the young man who was 'smirking' in the native elders face said he was doing so to try and, "diffuse the situation". Diffuse the situation? I tell you what, next time you are in argument with your spouse, your friend, or your boss, try 'diffusing the situation' by simply standing in front of them with a shit eating smirk for minute or two. See how well that 'diffuses the situation' for you.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    In a follow up interview the young man who was 'smirking' in the native elders face said he was doing so to try and, "diffuse the situation". Diffuse the situation? I tell you what, next time you are in argument with your spouse your friend or your boss, try to 'diffusing the situation' by simply staring them in the face with a full on smirk for a minute or two. See how well that 'diffuses the situation' for you.
    There was no argument between the boy, and the older gentleman. There wasn't even a situation. Only until someone started beating a drum in his face for literally no reason, was there any situation between the two. Again, the kid stood where he was standing the entire time, without saying or doing anything. I'm not sure how I would handle an awkward and uncharted situation like that, but smirking would definitely be the least aggressive approach.

Since we're talkin about follow up interviews, Nathan Phillips - the Elder Native American, had his own, where he stated (with a great display of waterworks) the children were yelling "build the wall!"

2 Hours of video and not a single second shows any of them yelling anything close to that.

All this talk about children respecting their elders, but where's the outrage about an adult blatantly lying about a situation between them and a child.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports All-Star

There was no argument between the boy, and the older gentleman. There wasn't even a situation. Only until someone started beating a drum in his face for literally no reason, was there any situation between the two. Again, the kid stood where he was standing the entire time, without saying or doing anything. I'm not sure how I would handle an awkward and uncharted situation like that, but smirking would definitely be the least aggressive approach.

Since we're talkin about follow up interviews, Nathan Phillips - the Elder Native American, had his own, where he stated (with a great display of waterworks) the children were yelling "build the wall!"

2 Hours of video and not a single second shows any of them yelling anything close to that.

All this talk about children respecting their elders, but where's the outrage about an adult blatantly lying about a situation between them and a child.
    I am sure many things that were said and done were not 'caught on video'. Nobody knows for sure but the people involved what exactly was said and done, but the tomahawk chops and native war cries mimicked by the kids behind the 'smirker' are on full display in all of the videos. The fact that the 'smirker' says he was simply trying to diffuse the situation is absolutely ridiculous and laughable.

PS. There is video of the kids saying Build the Wall and worse.
    covington-catholic-high-under-new-scrutiny-more-video-comes-light-50151

Here is an article that after all the dust settled found a more sensible middle ground.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.1c6dc5a4759a
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Ninja

It is still possible that Nathan was telling the truth, but it didn't show on the video. I do find his interpretation of events to be unfair and not in line with what I watched on video. It is possible he misinterpreted what was happening between the two groups (the kids and the Hebrew Israelites), thinking incorrectly that the boys were the issue. Assumptions are not a good thing, but that's exactly the danger when you go out in public wearing a hat that communicates certain viewpoints. From what I saw, there was Nathan and some others who perhaps felt this was a nonviolent way to try and diffuse a situation that looked like it was not going well. Probably not a good move. I can't speak to the veracity of his claims, thought I agree I heard nothing about a wall from the videos I watched.

As for the kids, they behaved like high school boys. High school boys are often socially awkward, jerks, can be riled up easily when in a group, etc. They actually fared pretty well considering the vitriol spewed at them from the Hebrew Israelites, but to claim that they were totally innocent in this situation is again absurd. If I stood in front of my wife with a smug smile like that young man did I wouldn't be accused of being respectful, that's for sure. Not to mention you have the kids tomahawk chopping and whooping and hollering, and another video out there of some remarks being tossed out to some women by these young men. They are not innocent bystanders and to claim otherwise is to be untruthful as well. Really, I've seen WAY worse from kids, and this never should have been an issue. But this is the world we live in now where situations become used and abused by both sides to try and score points. I really think it's horrible, but it's worked very well to rile people up on both sides.

Finally you have the Hebrew Israelite group. The worst of them all and completely indefensible behaviour as far as I am concerned.

At the end of the day you have bad behaviour everywhere and the media on both sides grabbed it and ran with it to try and "own" the other side.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    It is still possible that Nathan was telling the truth, but it didn't show on the video. I do find his interpretation of events to be unfair and not in line with what I watched on video. It is possible he misinterpreted what was happening between the two groups (the kids and the Hebrew Israelites), thinking incorrectly that the boys were the issue. Assumptions are not a good thing, but that's exactly the danger when you go out in public wearing a hat that communicates certain viewpoints. From what I saw, there was Nathan and some others who perhaps felt this was a nonviolent way to try and diffuse a situation that looked like it was not going well. Probably not a good move. I can't speak to the veracity of his claims, thought I agree I heard nothing about a wall from the videos I watched.

As for the kids, they behaved like high school boys. High school boys are often socially awkward, jerks, can be riled up easily when in a group, etc. They actually fared pretty well considering the vitriol spewed at them from the Hebrew Israelites, but to claim that they were totally innocent in this situation is again absurd. If I stood in front of my wife with a smug smile like that young man did I wouldn't be accused of being respectful, that's for sure. Not to mention you have the kids tomahawk chopping and whooping and hollering, and another video out there of some remarks being tossed out to some women by these young men. They are not innocent bystanders and to claim otherwise is to be untruthful as well. Really, I've seen WAY worse from kids, and this never should have been an issue. But this is the world we live in now where situations become used and abused by both sides to try and score points. I really think it's horrible, but it's worked very well to rile people up on both sides.

Finally you have the Hebrew Israelite group. The worst of them all and completely indefensible behaviour as far as I am concerned.

At the end of the day you have bad behaviour everywhere and the media on both sides grabbed it and ran with it to try and "own" the other side.
    Agreed.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

I'm assuming If your wife walked inches from your face while you were watching.. let's say a hockey game, and started to beat a drum in your face, you wouldn't think she was being respectful. Chances are your reaction turns the situation into an argument, where as a smirk might make her ask herself why she's doing what she's doing in the first place.

I digress.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm assuming If your wife walked inches from your face while you were watching.. let's say a hockey game, and started to beat a drum in your face, you wouldn't think she was being respectful. Chances are your reaction turns the situation into an argument, where as a smirk might make her ask herself why she's doing what she's doing in the first place.

I digress.
    Context matters. I addressed this point.

Dobber Sports Novice

who gives a shit about the kid, the drum or the hat.
    you all lose because you have spent all this time talking about something that doesn't matter.
    do you realize the US just declared war on a sovereign nation for no other reason than to steal their gold and control their oil.
    the media controls the narrative. the war drums beat and we are talking about walls and hats.