Thread: Klefbom= Upgrade?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Klefbom= Upgrade?

Haven't been super active this season with work and coaching High School football again. Debating about trying to find some upgrades vs. holding until playoff seeding solidifies. Sitting in 8th, 4 points up on 9th and 3 pts from time 5th. Given my goaltending not sure I can win it this year.

Is Klefbom an upgrade over any of my D this year or next? May look to swing a 2 for 1 to make space to grab a goalie (or upgrade in goal) best available tender is Jack Campbell

Thanks
    16 team Yahoo! H2H, Daily moves, Dynasty League-Keep all players end of season minus IR. No farm team/prospect list. 2 rd 'draft' at start of season. Limit of 5 moves per week. No minors system. 3 Goalie Start minimum each week.
    CATs: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blks, PPP, SOG, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Aleksander Barkov, Wyatt Johnston
    LW: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kyle Connor
    RW: David Pastrnak, Matt Boldy
    D: Quinn Hughes, Kris Letang, Zach Werenski, EMPTY
    BCH: Pierre-Luc Dubois(C,LW), M. Rossi(C), Evander Kane(LW), Jonathon Huberdeau(LW), Logan Stankoven(C)
    G: John Gibson,A. Stolarz
    Bench: Spencer Knight (G)
    IR(+): Shea Theodore, Patrick Kane, MA Fleury

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Klefbom= Upgrade?

I like Klefbom over Montour.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I would take Klefbom over Theodore or Montour.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Feel like Montour or Theodore have enough value to trade one (w/ someone else) for an upgrade or would you just make an add drop? For league in sig.
    Thanks
    16 team Yahoo! H2H, Daily moves, Dynasty League-Keep all players end of season minus IR. No farm team/prospect list. 2 rd 'draft' at start of season. Limit of 5 moves per week. No minors system. 3 Goalie Start minimum each week.
    CATs: G, A, +/-, Hits, Blks, PPP, SOG, W, SV%, GAA, SO

C: Aleksander Barkov, Wyatt Johnston
    LW: Juraj Slafkovsky, Kyle Connor
    RW: David Pastrnak, Matt Boldy
    D: Quinn Hughes, Kris Letang, Zach Werenski, EMPTY
    BCH: Pierre-Luc Dubois(C,LW), M. Rossi(C), Evander Kane(LW), Jonathon Huberdeau(LW), Logan Stankoven(C)
    G: John Gibson,A. Stolarz
    Bench: Spencer Knight (G)
    IR(+): Shea Theodore, Patrick Kane, MA Fleury

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beegluv View Post
    Feel like Montour or Theodore have enough value to trade one (w/ someone else) for an upgrade or would you just make an add drop? For league in sig.
    Thanks
    In a 16-team league, yes, I do believe they're worth enough to package with another piece for improvement. You seem very Panthers-centric up front and you also have three very strong RW (with Boeser on your bench) so maybe start from there to try to improve your goalies or get another strong forward.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    In a 16-team league, yes, I do believe they're worth enough to package with another piece for improvement. You seem very Panthers-centric up front and you also have three very strong RW (with Boeser on your bench) so maybe start from there to try to improve your goalies or get another strong forward.
    I like this idea... package one of your RW with Theo/Montour for an upgrade at D or G. Klef is a minor upgrade, but I don't see him moving the needle much more than what you're already getting. You need a G more than a D upgrade right now though...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Klefbom might be an upgrade over Theodore or Montour, but with only ~30 games left a lot can happen in terms of random variance to shift that in any direction. The best course is to try to tilt the odds in your favour. As has been suggested, trying to package up Theodore or Montour for an upgrade is one method. It could also be worth looking into the schedule for your H2H playoffs and see which guy would get you the most games and run with that player. You also might consider running with a 5th defenseman and dumping Tolvanen or Mittelstadt. Seems to me a contender shouldn't be burning two slots on unproductive youngsters when you only need to have one rookie on the roster.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg