Thread: Need help guys... Eichel and Gostisbehere for Rielly?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Need help guys... Eichel and Gostisbehere for Rielly?

Ok, hear me out on this one. I've been offered Gost and Eichel for Morgan Rielly. Thing is, I think my team is pretty good so far, but Eichel is obviously an elite forward. But Rielly is putting up a Prime Erik Karlsson type season so far...

I have both Rust and Price coming off IR. I could potentially drop Roussel (I just picked him up to stream for PIMS and hits) and Borowiecki (same) and then trade Rielly for Eichel and Gost and drop Rust.

What do you guys think?
    Rielly + Rust for Eichel and Gostisbehere, basically.

It's also worth noting that this is a keeper league, and I would be able to keep Eichel with my 10th round pick next year if I make the trade. Otherwise I can keep Rielly.

I'm new to posting here, is there a way to post a screenshot of my lineup?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need help guys... Eichel and Gostisbehere for Rielly?

Welcome!

You should be able to post a picture, check out the little icons above the text box, and the advanced reply for even more options.

It helps even more if we have your league details and settings, as well as any other relevant rules.

You say it's a keeper league and you could keep Eichel in the 10th round next year. What round would Reilly and/or Ghost be eligible to be kept in next year?

On the surface, without knowing all the details, I like the trade. Ghost should pick things up, Reilly may slow down a touch, and Eichel is the best player in the deal.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Hey thanks brother, I appreciate the help.

Do I have to upload the image and host it somewhere in order to post it here? On other forums I was able to just directly post the image in the post itself. On the icons above the message box, it looks as though only a URL to a hosted image can be used. Is this correct?

The league settings are as follows:
    10 man league, HTH
    17 players on each roster
    2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 G, 4 Bench

Skater stats: G, A, +-, PPP, SHP, PIMS, HITS
    Goalie stats: GAA, Sv%, SHO

We get to choose three keepers each year, and a player can only be kept twice in a row (so, including the year the player was drafted, you get to have the guy for three seasons before he gets rotated back into the draft). When a trade occurs, you get to keep your acquired player in the round that you drafted the player being traded away. So, because I drafted Rielly in the 10th round, I would get to keep either Eichel or Ghost in the 10th round. Eichel was drafted early in the 3rd round in our pool this year.

I'm currently fighting for a playoff spot. I finished in 2nd last year (and lost by one single hit) so I drafted 9th in each round. A huge trade recently occurred where one guy gave up this year (he's in 10th) and traded away all of his good players for many picks next year. The guy that loaded up for this year has a stacked squad now, it's insane. The reason that I am providing this info is that most of the players that picked early in the rounds are above me in the rankings, and that guy is who I am fighting for the playoff spot currently. It appears as though I might have a tough time limping in, so this trade may make or break me in the end, it's that close.

I'd love to post a screenshot of my current roster, I'll try to figure it out.

Dobber Sports Novice

I think I got it.

*Edit*
    Sorry the picture is so small lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Welcome!

You should be able to post a picture, check out the little icons above the text box, and the advanced reply for even more options.

It helps even more if we have your league details and settings, as well as any other relevant rules.

You say it's a keeper league and you could keep Eichel in the 10th round next year. What round would Reilly and/or Ghost be eligible to be kept in next year?

On the surface, without knowing all the details, I like the trade. Ghost should pick things up, Reilly may slow down a touch, and Eichel is the best player in the deal.
    Eskimo Brother, oh won't you double dip into this thread with me?

Dobber Sports Novice

Welp I did it

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like that deal for you, so it's good that you did it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

No brainer IMO, great deal for you.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Stud

Pull the trigger on that deal
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot