Thread: Hagg, Gustafsson or Forsling

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Hagg, Gustafsson or Forsling

Hey, so I'm thinking about droping Ghost to give me some cap space in order to pick up Backstrom and Kuznetsov/O'Reilly, so I was wondering which one of those you'd take in a points only league. (Obviously, non of those are keepers)

Robert Hagg, Erik Gustafsson or Gustav Forsling
    5 teams, Points only, 2pts bonus for HT. Cap Space = 80mil
    12 Forwards, 6 Defencemen, 2 Goalies (1 active), 3 Reserves. (We can change who's gonna play every day)
    Keep 1 LW, 1 C, 1 RW, 2 Ds and 1 G at season's end

F: Rantanen, Matthews, Crosby, Pettersson, Hall, Dadonov, Hoffman, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, DeBrincat, Kase, Laine, Meier, Hischier, Konecny
    D: Burns, Karlsson, Josi, Carlson, Gustafsson, Heiskanen
    G: Kinkaid, McElhinney
    Cap Hit: 78'267'500

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Hagg, Gustafsson or Forsling

Not entirely sure why you would drop Ghost over some of your other players but assuming you do, I would pick up Gustafsson in your league format.

He's playing big minutes and doing well with them. Forsling and Hagg's usage isn't terribly conducive to points only at this point.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Hagg, Gustafsson or Forsling

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    Not entirely sure why you would drop Ghost over some of your other players
    The thing is, Ghost’s salary is 4.5mil, and the only other Ds I could drop to get some space are Josi (4M), Karlsson (6.5M) and Burns (8M), so Ghost’s the only one I could afford to drop.

When it comes to my Fs, the only ones I could drop are Bailey (5M), Hoffman (5.2M), Barkov (5.9M), Forsberg (6M) and Couture (6M), since Crosby (8.7M) and Marchand (6.125M) simply cannot be replaced without hurting my team.

My plan was to switch Ghost to empty enough space to switch Bailey and Barkov for Backstroke and Kuznetsov/O’Reilly.

Ghost was one of my keeper when it comes to Ds, but I’m thinking of maybe keeping Heiskanen instead
    5 teams, Points only, 2pts bonus for HT. Cap Space = 80mil
    12 Forwards, 6 Defencemen, 2 Goalies (1 active), 3 Reserves. (We can change who's gonna play every day)
    Keep 1 LW, 1 C, 1 RW, 2 Ds and 1 G at season's end

F: Rantanen, Matthews, Crosby, Pettersson, Hall, Dadonov, Hoffman, Kuznetsov, Backstrom, DeBrincat, Kase, Laine, Meier, Hischier, Konecny
    D: Burns, Karlsson, Josi, Carlson, Gustafsson, Heiskanen
    G: Kinkaid, McElhinney
    Cap Hit: 78'267'500