Thread: Pavel Buchnevich or Kevin Labanc Pts This Season

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Pavel Buchnevich or Kevin Labanc Pts This Season

Pavel Buchnevich or Kevin Labanc

Points + PPP

Who do you like by season's end? And is it close / potentially a wash?

Thanks!
    NHL 16 Team, Keeper - Keep 22 / 44 (11 NHLers, 11 Prospects)
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 10 Team, Standard Non PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Pavel Buchnevich or Kevin Labanc Pts This Season

I'd prefer Buchnevich as he's got the top-line gig locked down with PP1 minutes. He looks to be the most exciting forward on NYR currently, whereas San Jose has plenty of superior F options to Labanc. He's far more reliant on luck to get good linemates in the longer term. Labanc is a good player, and he looked really solid with Pavelski and Kane last night, but that line situations is in flux.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Agree with mounD. I would rather have the surefire top option on a bad team then a player earning his time on a good team.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Agree with mounD. I would rather have the surefire top option on a bad team then a player earning his time on a good team.
    I will say this. The San Jose lines looked really good, for perhaps the first time all season they were really rolling.

Kane-Pavelski-Labanc
    Hertl-Couture-Meier
    Sorensen-Suomela-Donskoi

This top-nine group was very successful against the Flyers, and in particular Pavelski was jump started by these combinations. The PP1 unit looked smoother with Hertl replacing the injured Thornton, as the unit was able to cash in a couple opportunities. The Couture line is probably the best forward line on the Sharks, good situations all around for forwards like Labanc and Meier. They've seemingly found a good fit for these guys, and at the same time energizing guys like Pavelski. Couture-Hertl are going to do their thing as the matchup line for the Sharks, consistent.

Not as high on Labanc as I am, for example, on Timo Meier if he can stick on the Hertl-Couture line at evens. But yeah, back to your original question I do like Labanc. I think he's in a good situation right now with his current linemates and deployment in San Jose. But when Joe Thornton is back, the lines are jumbled again (unless he is bumped to third line?) and everything is up in the air again. Additionally, Labanc is on the outside looking in at the lethal PP1 unit, so that's a large advantage for Buchnevich. A huge part of fantasy is just opportunity, and right now Buchnevich has the more comprehensive scoring opportunities consistently on his plate.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I will say this. The San Jose lines looked really good, for perhaps the first time all season they were really rolling.

Kane-Pavelski-Labanc
    Hertl-Couture-Meier
    Sorensen-Suomela-Donskoi

This top-nine group was very successful against the Flyers, and in particular Pavelski was jump started by these combinations. The PP1 unit looked smoother with Hertl replacing the injured Thornton, as the unit was able to cash in a couple opportunities. The Couture line is probably the best forward line on the Sharks, good situations all around for forwards like Labanc and Meier. They've seemingly found a good fit for these guys, and at the same time energizing guys like Pavelski. Couture-Hertl are going to do their thing as the matchup line for the Sharks, consistent.

Not as high on Labanc as I am, for example, on Timo Meier if he can stick on the Hertl-Couture line at evens. But yeah, back to your original question I do like Labanc. I think he's in a good situation right now with his current linemates and deployment in San Jose. But when Joe Thornton is back, the lines are jumbled again (unless he is bumped to third line?) and everything is up in the air again. Additionally, Labanc is on the outside looking in at the lethal PP1 unit, so that's a large advantage for Buchnevich. A huge part of fantasy is just opportunity, and right now Buchnevich has the more comprehensive scoring opportunities consistently on his plate.
    I think MounD said it all. I own both these guys and my expectations for this year and the futur are far more high for Buchnevich. BTW, thank you MounD for your clear and expert advices you give all the time. You don't just trown in your opinion but always emplain why and it's really appreciate. I would give you more rep if I could! Cheer!
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Right on. In a one year league, I have Buch and was debating about Labanc. Have to agree that a healthy Thornton really jumbles these lines, but I really like how Labanc is a right hand shot which should keep in the top 6 if he keeps it up.

Could be in for 45-50ish, but Buch is in an excellent position too.
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BealestreetTyrant View Post
    Right on. In a one year league, I have Buch and was debating about Labanc. Have to agree that a healthy Thornton really jumbles these lines, but I really like how Labanc is a right hand shot which should keep in the top 6 if he keeps it up.

Could be in for 45-50ish, but Buch is in an excellent position too.
    See and this is defiantly the point. I put both of these guys in the 40 to 55 point range, so were not talking game breakers here. Labanc however is the one more exposed to fluctuation due to deployment changes, which in turn makes him more likely to be on and off the waiver wire. In which Buch should see steady deployment with more 1 to 1.5 points every couple games, making him a harder drop. Ahh just go with your gut man it's close. Like I posted eariler I go Buch for the consistency and certainty but that's just me. I won both in my main league and Buch I drafter and Lebanc I picked up.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Veteran

Labanc for me and it's not too close.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Pro

I say Buchnevich.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Initiate

Buch for me!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Buch Cassidy

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen

Dobber Sports Padawan

This was mentioned in the Ramblings this morning (https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-ramb...es-november-8/)

We'll have to see if Buch can stick around on the second line with Kreider and Hayes. His ice time is still all over the map. Labanc has been a decent contributor, points-wise, so far in comparison. Though, Hertl's return could bump him out of the top 6?
    NHL 15 Team, Dynasty
    NHL 10 Team, One Year
    NHL 8 Team, Cap League
    NFL 12 Team, 0.5 PPR
    NFL 8 Team, 0.5 PPR
    MLB 10 Team, Roto

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Labanc; I think he's a lock for first or second line duties, while Buchnevich has been moved all over. San Jose has more talent to spread around, and NYR has the one top line, which is suspect. Zibanejad is driving it, but he always starts out crazy hot, gets injured, and then sucks up a storm.
    Yahoo One Year League, Weekly H2H Category
    Start: 3C/3LW/3RW/5D/2G
    Categories: G/A/P/PPP/+-/SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK; GS/W/SV%/SO

C: Zibanejad Suzuki Jenner Couturier
    LW: Kaprizov KConnor Pacioretty Huberdeau
    RW: Pastrnak Debrincat Rakell Lafreniere
    D: Josi Werenski Theodore Weegar Nurse Martinez Romanov
    G: Vasilevskiy Daccord Lyon
    IR+: Bedard