Thread: Morrissey or Faulk?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Morrissey or Faulk?

Team in Signature. I'm going to dump one of these guys for a forward.

With Krug back and the Boston/San Jose/Florida schedule fairly favourable (they all play 3 or 4 games per week for the next few months) I just don't see either Morrissey or Faulk getting into my lineup (barring injury). I like to carry 4 d men in this league generally speaking but would also consider dropping both.

Wondering who you guys would dump first? No keeper consideration, both are bench/depth players for this year only and will likely sit on the waiver wire when dropped.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Morrissey or Faulk?

At this point I would be keeping whoever might give you more games per week. If you're not starting them then I would pick up someone who you have the potential of starting at some point

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    At this point I would be keeping whoever might give you more games per week. If you're not starting them then I would pick up someone who you have the potential of starting at some point
    Thanks HR. Kind of my thinking as well. More want to make sure that there's not something there with either of them that I'm missing. I have a bad habit of hording defensemen in this league for some reason. For a week there I was thinking Morrissey could pop this season (when he was stealing PP1 from buffl) but I'm less convinced now as things have normalized. Faulk seems to just be what he is. Dropping both or them and adding forwards is likely the right decision.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Faulk is getting prime PP usage and Morrissey isn't. Have to lean a bit towards Faulk, especially with no +/- IMO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Thanks HR. Kind of my thinking as well. More want to make sure that there's not something there with either of them that I'm missing. I have a bad habit of hording defensemen in this league for some reason. For a week there I was thinking Morrissey could pop this season (when he was stealing PP1 from buffl) but I'm less convinced now as things have normalized. Faulk seems to just be what he is. Dropping both or them and adding forwards is likely the right decision.
    I would agree this seems like the right play to maximize man games, especially if they likely sit on the wire. If I had to drop just one though it would be Morrissey. I too have to lean towards Faulk at this point considering usage.