Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fleury/Lehtonen/Emery for who?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re:Fleury/Lehtonen/Emery for who?

yearofthefish wrote:
    I don\'t think Emery is technically all that better than Gerber. Even though he (Emery) has horrible stick handling somehow he comes across as being more confident / instill more confidence.

I think Ottawa was playing like crap because Murray was forcing them into playing with more defensive responsibility and coverage broke down a lot.
    fair enough...

in general though, I\'d take a good confident goalie over a great moody goalie any day (in fantasy and real life).

Confident goalies win championships (in both cases)... because you always know you can rely on them...

I had emery, fleury, and kiprusoff on one fantasy team last season. Emery was the only one of the three that I played no matter who he was playing, because not once was I so disappointed in his production that I doubted playing him. I can\'t say the same for both of the other guys.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

blindedbyfear

Default Re:Fleury/Lehtonen/Emery for who?

If you have any chance of winning this year make it Lehtonen that you trade. First of all, anyone who is going to try and get Lehtonen out of you obviously values upside very highly. Sure, Lehtonen is a great goaltender, super talented. He also has what may potentially be a glass groin, and plays behind a sieve-like defense on a team that, to me, seems to be somewhat of a mirage. Maybe it\'s just me.

I agree with Lanky\'s opinion on Emery. He may not be pretty to watch, but I love the guy. I remember going to see him quite a few times when he was with the BSens and he seems like the guy who hates to lose even more than he loves to win. He\'s an awesome \"good team\" goaltender.

If you can get Carey Price and a first-rounder for Lehtonen, do it. You\'ll be good this year, and good in the future. By the time Emery blows it, Price will be ready.

Besides, doesn\'t Dobber say that rosters turn over every 3 years or so anyway?

My .02