Thread: Cut Montour or Gardiner for any of the blueliners listed? none will be kept (REP)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Cut Montour or Gardiner for any of the blueliners listed? none will be kept (REP)

Roster & settings in sig:

Would you cut Montour or Gardiner for any of these guys? Thanks in advance!

Theodore
    Trouba
    Morrissey
    Chiarot
    Petry
    Severson
    Seabrook
    Dunn
    Parayko

... I really like Theodore and Dunn.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Cut Montour or Gardiner for any of the blueliners listed? none will be kept (REP)

I like Dunn as well, but as a non-keeper he doesn't help as much as almost everyone else on this list this year.

I don't like any of the options over Gardiner, and I think anyone else (Theodore/Petry) is a lateral move at best for Montour.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Cut Montour or Gardiner for any of the blueliners listed? none will be kept (REP)

Yeah, I don't see any clear upgrades. It'd be reasonable for a handful of your guys to exceed Montour or Gardiner, but I wouldn't call it likely to happen.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm very intrigued by Morrisey. Picked him up myself. I would consider taking him over Montour. I consider Gardiner to be a hold for now.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    I like Dunn as well, but as a non-keeper he doesn't help as much as almost everyone else on this list this year.
    It's super early, but Dunn seems to be a real emerging talent with the Blues, starting to gobble up PP minutes to the point where he is surpassing Pietrangelo and Parayko. Meanwhile, Montour is stuck behind Fowler on PP1 in Anaheim, and Gardiner seems to be missing PP1 time because the Leafs are rolling Rielly and 4 forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I'm very intrigued by Morrisey. Picked him up myself. I would consider taking him over Montour. I consider Gardiner to be a hold for now.
    I'm feeling the same way, given his PP spot. I'm kind of in a holding pattern with him though, as Buff was out of the lineup for a bit. Things could shuffle once a healthy Buff settles back into his role. Morrissey also hasn't really set the world on fire at any level offensively.

Dobber Sports Ace

... one other thing about making a move (leaning towards dropping Montour for Dunn right now), is it allows me to stash some injured FA players in my 3 empty IR spots. I'm looking at the following guys:

J. Schultz
    P. Stastny
    C. Perry
    D. Brown

... then I can squat on these guys and see if they are difference makers worth owning once they get healthy. (Or drop them if one of my other guys gets injured.)

Dobber Sports Jedi

with a FA list like that - i'd take the hot hand and be willing to flip-flop ROS - # of transactions available for the season being high is required
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    with a FA list like that - i'd take the hot hand and be willing to flip-flop ROS - # of transactions available for the season being high is required
    ROS? (edit: rest of season?) We get 60 moves.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    ROS? We get 60 moves.
    I'd consider Morrissey... other option is you check each Sun night/Mon morning for Dman with 4gp in the following week and take the hot hand for the extra GP advantage - 20-26 moves roughly. for an extra 20-32 extra games (gotta think some will only play 2games in a week - vs. 4)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd consider Morrissey... other option is you check each Sun night/Mon morning for Dman with 4gp in the following week and take the hot hand for the extra GP advantage - 20-26 moves roughly. for an extra 20-32 extra games (gotta think some will only play 2games in a week - vs. 4)
    yeah - I like that idea. Could work out to an extra point per week, and I can be choosy with matchups too, keeping my +/- healthy on weekly matchups. I was originally liking Montour for Anaheim's Sunday games, but that's irrelevant for me if I'm only rolling 4D and using my extra roster spots on forwards.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by kbro View Post
    yeah - I like that idea. Could work out to an extra point per week, and I can be choosy with matchups too, keeping my +/- healthy on weekly matchups. I was originally liking Montour for Anaheim's Sunday games, but that's irrelevant for me if I'm only rolling 4D and using my extra roster spots on forwards.
    and you might strike it rich and just hold... never know