Thread: Suggestions?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Suggestions?

Hey guys,

Meier is only on my roster for next week as the Sharks play four... is there anyone in this list of FA's that you would swap him for though?!

This is the first page of available F's.

Lindholm
    Johansen
    Kadri
    Konecny
    Duchene
    Galchenyuk
    Mittelstadt
    Eberle
    Fiala
    Drouin
    Toffoli
    Schmaltz
    Patrick
    Debrusk
    Brown
    Marleau
    Bailey
    Domi
    Bjugstad
    Donato

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Suggestions?

Based on your team in SIG, I would use Buch, Meier, and Darling as full time claim positions. Use those three spots to max GP each week. If you cant find 3 players that beat what you have, skip forward to the next week. With no trading your best chance at winning is working harder and smarter on the FA pool than any other GM.

As for the list above, they only matter if you think they can become a regular and will be worth giving up a stream spot for or losing Gallagher or Zucker for. Eberle and Johansen jump at at first glance. I think to really succeed you need the full 3 stream spots though so you got to decide if you like either more than the two mentioned above. Besides that focus on GP per week. Its just too many names for me to research for next week though (at mall right now), but I think all but Marleau, Patrick, Konency, DeBrusk, Bjugstad, and Brown would be solid players to claim if they have 1gp or more in a week than your bottom forward starter on said week. Some of the kids need time for us to see what role they are in this year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by red36 View Post
    Based on your team in SIG, I would use Buch, Meier, and Darling as full time claim positions. Use those three spots to max GP each week. If you cant find 3 players that beat what you have, skip forward to the next week. With no trading your best chance at winning is working harder and smarter on the FA pool than any other GM.

As for the list above, they only matter if you think they can become a regular and will be worth giving up a stream spot for or losing Gallagher or Zucker for. Eberle and Johansen jump at at first glance. I think to really succeed you need the full 3 stream spots though so you got to decide if you like either more than the two mentioned above. Besides that focus on GP per week. Its just too many names for me to research for next week though (at mall right now), but I think all but Marleau, Patrick, Konency, DeBrusk, Bjugstad, and Brown would be solid players to claim if they have 1gp or more in a week than your bottom forward starter on said week. Some of the kids need time for us to see what role they are in this year.
    Thanks Red! I do want to see how Buch does over the next little while... just a gut feeling, but I think I will take your advice on using Darling and Meier as streaming slots since it is unlimited waive wire claims.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd hold Meier here personally. He may not get top PP minutes but he has the potential to really break out as a well rounded multi-cat guy this season. It is early but I believe he was lining up on the top line...and played 18:41 last game. He didn't even average 15 minutes last season and had 21 goals, over 200 SOG and 100 hits. If he keeps seeing top six minutes and is given better scoring opportunities, you could be looking at some solid value based on your league setup.

Darling I'd absolutely use for streaming considering your goalies. I can see holding onto Buchnevich for now but also wouldn't blame you for dropping him when looking at the FA available. I'd value a lot of them somewhat similarly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I'd hold Meier here personally. He may not get top PP minutes but he has the potential to really break out as a well rounded multi-cat guy this season. It is early but I believe he was lining up on the top line...and played 18:41 last game. He didn't even average 15 minutes last season and had 21 goals, over 200 SOG and 100 hits. If he keeps seeing top six minutes and is given better scoring opportunities, you could be looking at some solid value based on your league setup.

Darling I'd absolutely use for streaming considering your goalies. I can see holding onto Buchnevich for now but also wouldn't blame you for dropping him when looking at the FA available. I'd value a lot of them somewhat similarly.
    Thanks Rev... I'm hesistant to drop Darling. The whole reason for drafting him was given how valuable goalies are in this league set-up and to keep as many starters out of other teams hands as possible. At this point in time, there are literally zero goalies available and some teams didn't even manage to draft two starters. So I'm thinking keeping Darling may be more valuable, but I could be wrong and will seriously consider dropping him to steam.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Thanks Rev... I'm hesistant to drop Darling. The whole reason for drafting him was given how valuable goalies are in this league set-up and to keep as many starters out of other teams hands as possible. At this point in time, there are literally zero goalies available and some teams didn't even manage to draft two starters. So I'm thinking keeping Darling may be more valuable, but I could be wrong and will seriously consider dropping him to steam.
    I just have a hard time keeping 4 goalies on my roster in a start 2 if my other three are starters for their teams. How often are you really going to use Darling might be the better question?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I just have a hard time keeping 4 goalies on my roster in a start 2 if my other three are starters for their teams. How often are you really going to use Darling might be the better question?
    True. I'd likely never slot him in... not unless he was really killin it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Darling is my drop.. But that list is huge.. I would wait for tomorrow's games and get ready to grab someone heating up.. Need a top PP guy like Bailey or Duchene..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..