View Poll Results: Which are the top three teams (vote for all three)?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team 1

9 69.23%
  • Team 2

2 15.38%
  • Team 3

8 61.54%
  • Team 4

0 0%
  • Team 5

4 30.77%
  • Team 6

2 15.38%
  • Team 7

2 15.38%
  • Team 8

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Just drafted - who are the top three teams in my league? (REP given)

The Great One

Default Just drafted - who are the top three teams in my league? (REP given)

My league has 8 teams and 3 spots get paid, and I'm curious which teams you think will finish in the top three. Rosters are 32 players with the only restriction being no more than 5 goalies per team. Active line-up is 13F (positions don't matter), 7D, 3G. Each team is allowed 8 free agent moves during the season. No daily starts - a player has to stay on the bench for a week if put into reserves.

Scoring categories (and their weighting) are:

SKATERS
    +/- 1 point
    Assists 1.5 points
    Blocked Shots 0.5 points
    Goals 1 point
    Shooting Pct 0.5 points
    PPPTS 1 point

GOALIES
    GAA 0.846 points
    2*wins+OL+SHOL 0.846 points
    Saves .84 points
    Shut Outs 0.423 points

To explain, when it says "1 point" that means the person who finishes first among the 8 teams will get 8 points in the standings.

Here's the full roster for each team:

Team 1
    F = McDavid, Seguin, Matthews, Rakell, Boeser, Keller, Partrnak, Kuznetsov, Pacioretty, Svechnikov, Petterson, Couture, Hoffman, Patrick, Middlestadt, Neal, Kadri, Debrusk, Zadina
    D = Byfuglien, Subban, Yandle, Sergachev, Vlasic, Vatanen, Martinez, Ekholm, Orlov
    G = Murray, Jones, Saros, Luongo

Team 2
    F = Ovechkin, Benn, Tarasenko, Scheifele, Radulov, E. Kane, Hornqvist, Landeskog, Kovalchuk, Brown, Buchnevich, Fiala, Kreider, Perron, Oshie, Toews, Bouchard, Sikura
    D = Doughty, Carlson, Provorov, Butcher, Edler, Spurgeon, McDonagh, Zadorov, Skjei, Larsson
    G = Bobrovsky, Rask, Crawford, Korpisalo

Team 3
    F = Kucherov, Barkov, Eichel, Trocheck, Rantanen, Larkin, Teravainen, Monahan, RNH, Staal, Connor, PLD, Zibanejad, Lee, Drouin, Nyqvist, Zuccarello, Turris
    D = Klingberg, Barrie, Werenski, OEL, Dahlin, Ekblad, Pulock, C. Miller, Heiskenen
    G = Vasilevskiy, Dubnyk, Smith, Reimer, Hart

Team 4
    F = Stamkos, Panarin, Getzlaf, Barzal, Karlsson, Arvidsson, Stone, Schenn, Granlund (Minn), JT Miller, R. Smith, Reinhart, Lindholm, Stepan, Atkinson, Gourde, Coyle, Niederriter, Henrique
    D = Krug, Dumba, Hanifin, Gardiner, Chabot, Schultz, Green, Niskanen, Goligoski
    G = Hellebyuck, Raanta, Bishop, Markstrom

Team 5
    F = Crosby, Tavares, Backstrom, Marner, Bergeron, Draisaitl, Debrincat, Nylander, Huberdeau, Couturier, ROR, Johansen, Guentzel, Bailey, Okposo, Wennberg, Stastny, Saad, Heinen
    D = Jones, McAvoy, Muzzin, Trouba, Shattenkirk, Parayko, Manson, Myers
    G = Rinne, Talbot, Anderson, Darling, Greiss

Team 6
    F = Malkin, Marchand, Forsberg, P. Kane, Point, Voracek, Pavelski, Carter, Horvat, M. Tkachuk, Schmaltz, Thornton, Konecny, Simmonds, Donato, Rattie, Nichushkin, Necas
    D = Josi, Pietrangelo, Hamilton, Theodore, Montour, Leddy, Morrissey, Matheson, Phaneuf, Lindholm
    G = Quick, Andersen, Lundqvist, Hutton

Team 7
    F = MacKinnon, Giroux, Wheeler, Aho, Zucker, Ehlers, JVR, Hischier, Palmieri, Galchenyuk, Wilson, Mantha, Palat, Beauvillier, Athanansiou, Pujujarvi, Parise, Sprong
    D = Karlson, Hedman, Letang, Rielly, Ellis, Klefbom, Keith, Fowler, E. Johnson
    G = Gibson, Price, Elliott, Schneider, Lehner

Team 8
    F = Kessel, Gaudreau, Laine, Kopitar, Hall, Schwartz, Marchessault, Dadonov, Skinner, Duchene, Eberle, Domi, Krejci, Lucic, Kilorn, Little, Gallagher
    D = Burns, Ghost, Ristolainen, Suter, Giordano, Petry, Weber, Nurse, Faulk, Chychrun
    G = Holtby, Fleury, Allen, Varlamov, Grubauer
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Just drafted - who are the top three teams in my league? (REP given)

Wow this was a chore. I had to breakdown by each position (forwards, D and goalies) then from the the teams that I liked in each category see how they filled out the rest of their team. Team 5 I had the least faith in followed closely by team 4. I would put these two towards the bottom.

Forwards:

Team 1: I really liked team 1's forwards (not just because of McDavid), it's a good mix of guys that are high end producers with some players who could see massive breakouts. Of coarse if those players really fall on their face this team could get hurt by that strategy.

Team 2: Cue the multicat and puck throwers. This team seems to have made some nice picks early. There is some risk though that these players floors aren't as high as they use to be.

Team 3: A way safer approach and a lot higher floor. Won't dazzle anyone on paper but will bore to death it's opponents.

Defense:

Team 6: Josi, Hamilton and Piets in this format are three D with maybe not as sexy as names as the top tier guys but will produce like them. Then a couple nice breakout candidates.

Team 7: The best on the back end and it's not close. You knew the strategy this team was deploying.

Goalies:

Team 3: Vas/Dubynk should be rocks and Smith if healthy will provide great value. Reim is almost certain to get some time as the starter due to injuries and Carts a good swing for the fences.

Team 4: Not as sexy but 4 legit starters. Markstrom will be a plug but the other three should be solid.

Overall:

There's holes in every team, which is how a good draft should go and it's razor close so even the teams at the bottom have a chance to be the top. This is how I like them though.

Team 3
    Team 8
    Team 6
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Just drafted - who are the top three teams in my league? (REP given)

I like team 1 and 5 the best so I only voted for them. As the third, I see it as a bit of a toss up between 2, 3 and 6.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Just confirming what I feared - I'm probably not the team to beat. Oh well - that's what happens when the CEO of my company calls me with a fire drill an hour before the draft.....lol
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Just confirming what I feared - I'm probably not the team to beat. Oh well - that's what happens when the CEO of my company calls me with a fire drill an hour before the draft.....lol
    What team are you for curiosity sake?

Dobber Sports Pro

I went for 1, 3 and 5. Those are some crazy specific numbers for goalies! And are assists really worth more than goals? Wild!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6,7
    '25 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd /// ‘26 - 2 Extra 1sts, 2 Extra 2nds
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B -
    M - Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin, Mateychuk

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    What team are you for curiosity sake?
    7 - one of the two with no votes......lol. My hope is even with the week off requirement I'll be able to stream my starting goalies and thus be first in wins and saves. I also think I'll fare well in goals, which in turn will help me in shooting %. Assists and PPPts could be problematic, but we'll see. Our league's consensus was that team 3 was the one to beat, just as you surmised.

Dobber Sports Genius

7 - one of the two with no votes......lol. My hope is even with the week off requirement I'll be able to stream my starting goalies and thus be first in wins and saves. I also think I'll fare well in goals, which in turn will help me in shooting %. Assists and PPPts could be problematic, but we'll see. Our league's consensus was that team 3 was the one to beat, just as you surmised.
    I actually didn't mind team 7 I just felt the goalies were a little weak but who knows Price could bounce back big even on a bad team and if Schneider can figure out his injuries he might surprise.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I voted for 1 & 3. They stood out the most for me.

If it's any consolation, I think your D core is by far the most stacked.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

The Great One

Surprised about all the love for team 1. It's goalies are shaky and if they suffer any injuries their depth is pretty thin. Team 8 is the two time champion FWIW. I've finished in the top three in each of the last seven full seasons, so I'd be sad to see that streak come to an end.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I only looked at Team 1 and knew it was the best.

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.

Dobber Sports Genius

Surprised about all the love for team 1. It's goalies are shaky and if they suffer any injuries their depth is pretty thin. Team 8 is the two time champion FWIW. I've finished in the top three in each of the last seven full seasons, so I'd be sad to see that streak come to an end.
    I'm with you on this I think Team 1 looks great at first glance but when I broke it down it had a lot of holes. I had Team 8 in my top 3,

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gretzky99Orr4 View Post
    I only looked at Team 1 and knew it was the best.
    This is why team 1 is winning... I like 2, 3, and 7.