Thread: McAvoy's value

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default McAvoy's value

If draft picks are money, what's the most you would pay for him? 5,7,10,11 or 12

These are some rounds I could potentially nab him. Don't want to move him too him on my draft chart. Also don't know what will be around at each round.

I understand his future upside, but in the near term, what is the most you would pay right now?
    10 team H2H, daily
    2LW, 2C, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 1Util, 5BG, A, P, +/-, Shots, GWG, SHP, PPG, PPA, W, SV%, GAA, SHO, SV

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: McAvoy's value

I think we need a bit more info on your league. Is this a cap league? Auction league? What else is available in the draft? it's all about context.

More specifically about him, his 1.13 or whatever it was shot on goal per game rate last year is something to red-flag and watch. I own him in one dynasty and I need that to catapult up to 140+ this year for me to relax. Jake Gardiner and Ryan Suter were the only two Dmen to hit 50pts without averaging 2+sog/gm. So it can be done, but he needs a 70% increase in SOG to give himself a chance.

Part of this could simply be - being a rookie and making the right play - letting the vets make the final decisions? I hope so.. If the shot totals jump - then I'm comfortable in saying he's a 40+pt threat this season. If they don't take that necessary jump - to at least Gardiner's level (133) then 35pts at best.

Everyone hypes the crap out of him - but if this isn't just a rookie anomaly - then when does it become a wart? Someone's going to think - he was paired with Chara so always passed off to him - I guarantee Chara more than once last year skated by him during a stoppage and said, 'kid - take the shot'
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

So for context, this is all pre draft. We are able to keep guys with draft picks, bidding for the lack of a better term on guys not kept from the previous season.

In this case, McAvoy is available and currently keepable in the 13th, but that had been moving up. At this point, I am trying to determine how high of a pick he would be worth. Otherwise, I'll just go with the regular draft and take guys.

This is just pre draft activity to boost your roster before the actual league draft

The Great One

He's a guy I'd let someone else draft because his cost will be higher than his value given that Boston will give all the cushy (i.e., good for fantasy) minutes to Krug. McAvoy will be great, but not for 3 years. Think John Carlson until Green and Shattenkirk left. Until then let someone else buy into the McAvoy hype.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/