Thread: Zach Werenski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Zach Werenski

Hey guys, just talk about Provorov yesterday and i got the same question about Werenski!
    With Jones ahead of him last year, will he can take the 1st pp like his rookie year (47 pts)?

What are your expectations for next years and years to come? Can he crack 50+?

Thanks!

The Great One

Default Re: Zach Werenski

With his second half of 2017-18, Jones put himself right up there with the Drew Doughty and Victor Hedmans of the league. Werenski is fine, but one-dimensional and that dimension is being filled by Jones. I would not be shocked to see Werenski dangled in a trade. If he stays with Columbus, expect 35-40 points, no more.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll say low to mid 40s if he's healthy all season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    With his second half of 2017-18, Jones put himself right up there with the Drew Doughty and Victor Hedmans of the league. Werenski is fine, but one-dimensional and that dimension is being filled by Jones. I would not be shocked to see Werenski dangled in a trade. If he stays with Columbus, expect 35-40 points, no more.
    Thanks Rizzee! I got Werenski Theodore and Provorov in a keeper points only!

Can you rank them for a points only for next years and years to come? Are they close?

Thx!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Columbus would be very foolish to shop Werenski.. I honestly can't see it happening.. Tortorella never plays rookies and he played Werenski a ton two seasons ago.. Werenski had 47 points in his rookie year..

Last season Werenski got hurt in the first few weeks of the season and even wore a brace under his equipment for the majority of the season.. So he played hurt and still managed 37 points.. Not bad for a second year player, I must say!!

Don't sell yourself short on Werenski, he is a stud in the making.. Yes Seth Jones provides a little bit of a road block for Zach Werenski but he will be more than fine!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Columbus would be very foolish to shop Werenski.. I honestly can't see it happening.. Tortorella never plays rookies and he played Werenski a ton two seasons ago.. Werenski had 47 points in his rookie year..

Last season Werenski got hurt in the first few weeks of the season and even wore a brace under his equipment for the majority of the season.. So he played hurt and still managed 37 points.. Not bad for a second year player, I must say!!

Don't sell yourself short on Werenski, he is a stud in the making.. Yes Seth Jones provides a little bit of a road block for Zach Werenski but he will be more than fine!!
    Thanks zorro! Good point!!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Patysboy View Post
    Thanks Rizzee! I got Werenski Theodore and Provorov in a keeper points only!

Can you rank them for a points only for next years and years to come? Are they close?

Thx!
    If you're going by just who'll score more points over the next three seasons if they stay on their current teams, I'd say Theodore, Provorov, Werenski. Of course it's not that simple, since their is name value to consider, and both Werenski and Provorov have more of that than Theodore.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post

I agree with Zorro. Don't underestimate Werenski. He might be a draft day bargain this season.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Panarin leaves Columbus both Jones and Weresnki take a big hit in my opinion. Dare I say Jones becomes the best player on the team? I would be looking elsewhere for a dman knowing Werenski is stuck being Jones and Columbus is about to get quite a bit shittier. They should pay Panarin $9mil and stay competitive with him if it happens to be about the money.
    Keeper Team: $300 Auction draft, 10 F, 5 D, 3 G, 5 Bench
    Keep For Following Year: 3 F, 2 D, 1 G

11 Team, Rotisserie G A PTS +/- PIMS PPG PPA SHP GWG W GAA SV% SO

F: Marner, Eichel, Hughes, Crosby, Kopitar, Rust, O'Reilly, Giroux, Horvat, Palat, Podkolzin, Jenner, Copp*, Colton*
    D:
    Toews, Byram, Letang, Theodore, Hamilton
    G:
    Campbell, Fleury, Knight, Quick
    IR: *Cirelli, *DeBrusk

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    If Panarin leaves Columbus both Jones and Weresnki take a big hit in my opinion. Dare I say Jones becomes the best player on the team? I would be looking elsewhere for a dman knowing Werenski is stuck being Jones and Columbus is about to get quite a bit shittier. They should pay Panarin $9mil and stay competitive with him if it happens to be about the money.
    Werenski scored 47 points in his rookie season, without Panarin.. I'm pretty sure Columbus has offered Panarin a big monster deal, Panarin wants to be in a bigger city.. That's what the rumors are anyway..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BranDOOM View Post
    I think Bobrovsky is their best player, but Panarin is their best skater, with Jones & Werenski not far behind.

I think Werenski an get 45+ this year with better health.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I think Bobrovsky is their best player, but Panarin is their best skater, with Jones & Werenski not far behind.

I think Werenski an get 45+ this year with better health.
    I agree with that. Bob is their best player. I still am concerned with Jones/Werenski output if the breadman leaves. Werenski did get 47 points rookie year as mentioned above, but he manned PP1 that season. Since then Jones has taken over that role and won't be supplanted. 40 for Werenski this year, above is gravy.

Dobber Sports Legend

Here's my take:

1. Werenski certainly has 50+ talent.
    2. Jones will always be the top dog (62 vs. 52 points, etc.)
    3. The Jackets will not shop Werenski, barring an extreme circumstance, so prepare on him being in CLB over the long haul.
    4. In a career year, Werenski is a 58-62 point defenseman, say if Jones goes down for 25 games, etc.
    5. Weresnski should be as highly-regarded as other young D studs such as McAvoy, Provorov, Ekblad, Sergachev, Q.Hughes, Bouchard, etc. ... if not more so. The only young D that should be clearly regarded ahead of Werenski is Dahlin.