Thread: Holtby + for Reinhart +

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Holtby + for Reinhart +

For the league in my sig we are going to be doing an expansion draft this summer. Bolded are my current protections. We can only protect 1 goalie and I will be protecting Hellebuyck. I'm trying to trade Holtby so I don't lose him for nothing and I do need to trim some cap (currently over with Stone unsigned).

Offer on the table:

Holtby, Radulov for Reinhart, Kostin, 16th, 21st

Thoughts?
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Holtby + for Reinhart +

In a 24 team league, no way you should be selling Holtby so low. I would want another blue chip on top of what you're already getting. Someone along the lines of Sam Steel.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Hercules

Im with EB. You can get a better offer.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Agree with EB and 2014OG.

I know the stress is upon you to turn Holtby into "SOMETHING" but get his name out as available and see if you can get that Bluechipper from the highest bidder.

The Great One

There have to be better/other ways to trim cap space. You're giving up too much here.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks everyone. I have let it be known that Holtby is available, but have been getting some horrible low-ball offers so far. This one was good enough to make me think, but I knew I should come here for some validation that I did need more in return.

I have a few weeks until protection lists need to be submitted so there's time for the offers to improve.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can keep Radulov out of it, and maybe drop something small coming back, I'd do that deal, but waiting to see if offers improve makes sense.

The issue is that Holtby only has value to a subset of your league, so the teams that he has zero value to reduce the demand, and should reduce your return.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

So I was able to get him to include Marchessault instead of the 1st round picks, so it would Marchessault, Reinhart, Kostin for Holtby, Radulov.

This helps me a lot more than the 1st round picks would, but is it enough or should I continue to wait? The only players on my roster that scored more points than him in my setup last year were Seguin and Benn.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post
    So I was able to get him to include Marchessault instead of the 1st round picks, so it would Marchessault, Reinhart, Kostin for Holtby, Radulov.

This helps me a lot more than the 1st round picks would, but is it enough or should I continue to wait? The only players on my roster that scored more points than him in my setup last year were Seguin and Benn.
    That's pretty good.

I know it's 24 teams, but they only start 1G, and likely with the size of the rosters, people just aren't willing to pony up for starters. I'm in a similar league where I think goalies should be more valuable, but they just never bring in the haul. Combine that with people knowing you can't keep him.

I don't like having to include Radulov, but Marchessault is solid, and Reinhart is primed for a breakout, plus you're getting a decent prospect. In a deep league like this, depth wins, and this makes you deeper given you can't keep Holtby anyways. If you're not getting much better (which it sounds like you're not) I take it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by SensArmy93 View Post

I'd take that and run.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.