Thread: Prospects Report Question on Del Zotto

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Prospects Report Question on Del Zotto

I was looking over the prospects report today and noticed something about Del Zotto that I hadn\'t put together before.
    In the write up on him, Dobber says that he is regarded as the fifth best, \"but perhaps the most offensively talented\" of all the defensman in the 08\' class.

My question is then, if he may be the most offensively gifted why is his peak only 50pts (18g 32a) when guys like Doughty and Pietrangelo have peaks of 55 and higher?

I know its not a huge difference, just wondering what is it about Del Zotto\'s game or situation that made the most offensively gifted player have the lower peak?

Thanks for any help. Much appreciated!
    cheers
    1) 12 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 6F, 6D, 2G
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

2) 14 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 4D, 2G, 6bench 3IR
    G,A,+/-,PTS,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

3) 14 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 2util, 4d, 2g. 4bench, 3IR. 1 LTIR
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It takes more than offensive talent to be a truly stellar NHL player. Look at Alexei Kovalev- he may have the best hands, shot accuracy and hand-eye of any player in the NHL, yet he\'ll never win an Art Ross or Hart.

Players come along every single draft year that have more ability than others yet ultimately have less success. Another example: Rob Schremp and Brandon Dubinsky. There\'s no question Robbie has the most natural talent, yet every GM would choose Doobie if given the choice.

In Del Zotto\'s situation, I gave him a lesser production projection because I don\'t think he has or will ever develop the all-around game required to play in every situation. I think he\'ll be the type of guy that plays 15 minutes one night and 20 the next. However, Pietrangelo and Doughty have the potential to be rock-steady 25+ minute players. That\'s where you\'ll see the difference in production.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nice analysis, Bugg. Where do you see Sanguinetti?