Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: 2018 IIFH World Junior Hockey Championship Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    what the hell...

A WTF moment for sure.

Man if that was me I would be looking for the nearest exit ... lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, that guy in the stands came prepared - an American AND Swedish jersey under his shirt! What are the odds that this guy gets a Swedish silver medal thrown to him in the stands (and has a Swedish jersey!). Hilarious. Glad the medal found it's way back to the kid. I hope the guy got a little something for coughing it up, even though it shouldn't be necessary (giving it back is the right thing to do).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting quote from Colton Teubert when you think about what Andersson did with his medal. I think it was nothing but emotion that made him throw it away, but I cant help but think Andersson honestly believes in what he did and has no regrets, even though he did end up getting it back.

https://twitter.com/tubes33/status/949488642929524736

Nobody wants a silver medal in wjc. Mines tucked away in some memory box in closet haven’t looked at it or touched it since. I couldn’t stop a 2 on 1 to save my life that night in stoon. It still stings and hurts watching highlights.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'm kinda, almost, sorta regretting trading Bellows for a bag of pucks in the off-season.
    Yeah, same here. Not because I think he'll be great but because his value would be sky-high right now. Now is the time to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    I thought the bronze game would be much closer. The States are really dominating the Czechs.
    The game against Finland was like the championship game for the Czechs. They celebrated like they won gold after that game. They didn't have anything left after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuge2hall View Post
    I don't think I ever saw a more lopsided PP advantage in a medal game either. Swedes 1 Canada 6 lol.
    Yeah, the sort of "home crowd" really seemed to affect the refs in that game. I'm not saying Sweden shouldn't have been called for those things but Canada did similar things without getting any penalties.

The Great One

Canada did not win because of the officiating; that's just sour grapes.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Canada did not win because of the officiating; that's just sour grapes.
    You do know that Finland is not Sweden, right? I'm not sure why I'd have sour grapes about Sweden losing. Officiating was definitely bad in that game. Perhaps Canada didn't win because of it but it definitely removed any chance of winning from Sweden. If they had 5 more power plays, things could have been much different.

Dobber Sports Deity

International referreeing is sketchy most nights. Always has been, probably always will be. Sometimes it goes Canada's way, sometimes it goes against them. It is what it is. Last night, the calls went their way. We'll take it because next game could be completely the opposite.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    International referreeing is sketchy most nights. Always has been, probably always will be.
    Yeah, that's because they use amateur refs. It would be nice to have professional refs in those games. I'm not sure if even the KHL refs can do that for a living. Most refs have a day job unless they're in the NHL.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    You do know that Finland is not Sweden, right? I'm not sure why I'd have sour grapes about Sweden losing. Officiating was definitely bad in that game. Perhaps Canada didn't win because of it but it definitely removed any chance of winning from Sweden. If they had 5 more power plays, things could have been much different.
    Yes, I do know this, lol. I was speaking generally, and not specific to you!

Sweden was undisciplined throughout the tournament, and I'm hardly surprised Canada got the edge in power plays last night.

You could argue that non-goal in the first period would offset a few extra Swedish powerplays, if you want to walk down the path of make believe.

I believe Sweden had better talent, and probably a better team. But they didn't bring their A game last night.

Dobber Sports Ace

Congratulations to Team Canada for winning the gold medal - I felt that this was the year.

Many times people forget that hockey is a team sport, it takes a whole team to win the game and not several individual all-stars. It's the reason that certain players were left off the team and

it's the reason that others made it. The ones that made it were taken for their contributions in their area of 'expertise'. Kudos to Team Canada brass for picking the team that they did. Team

Canada won partly due to their 'depth players' playing like all-stars. Those 'depth players' have been dreaming of the moment that they would have the opportunity to lay it all on the line for

their country since they were kids. Good for them.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    You could argue that non-goal in the first period would offset a few extra Swedish powerplays, if you want to walk down the path of make believe.
    I don't see how that non-goal affects anything. The game was blown dead way before the puck was shot in. I didn't see good enough replays to know for sure but I think the goalie had the puck under his glove before it was pushed out from there and then eventually shot in. If anything, Canada probably deserved a slashing call for that play as well.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quite frankly, Sweden outplayed Canada last night. They dogged the puck and were the more physical team. I believe they outshot Canada even with the lopsided 6-1 PP's. This is coming from a Canadian who was rooting for Canada . I kept telling my son...wow if Canada doesn't pick it up, Sweden is going to win this...and they never did pick it up and won anyways. I felt continually frustrated at Canada's lack of scoring chances and physicallity. I love that they won Gold and do not want to take away anything from their win, because they are the champions...but when posters say they feel Sweden got shafted or deserved to win, I can empathize with them, because if the circumstances were opposite, I'd be pissed if Canada had 1 PP and Sweden 6, and Sweden would have won even if Canada would have outplayed them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Nuge2hall View Post
    Quite frankly, Sweden outplayed Canada last night. They dogged the puck and were the more physical team. I believe they outshot Canada even with the lopsided 6-1 PP's. This is coming from a Canadian who was rooting for Canada . I kept telling my son...wow if Canada doesn't pick it up, Sweden is going to win this...and they never did pick it up and won anyways. I felt continually frustrated at Canada's lack of scoring chances and physicallity. I love that they won Gold and do not want to take away anything from their win, because they are the champions...but when posters say they feel Sweden got shafted or deserved to win, I can empathize with them.
    Carter Hart was awesome.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Carter Hart was awesome.
    Agree - Hart stole the win (and Gold) for Canada
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A