Thread: Ehlers worth??

The Great One

Default Ehlers worth??

Would you offer Names (184) and Barrie (150) for Ehlers (193) and Pouliot (60)???

Pouliot would be a dropper ut the waiver pickings are very slim- basically nil. I might be able to trade a 2nd or 3rd for a stopgap to fill in for the playoffs though.

I know Ehlers is good but Im going for it this year and thats a big drop to add him.

As for keepers- we keep 12 and Barrie and names are in contention for my 12th and final keeper (basically one will get cut).

F- Malkin, Draisaitl, Forsberg, Boeser, Keller, E Kane, Skinner, Aho, Names
    D- Buff, Ghost, Barrie, Trouba
    G- Vas
    BN- Darling, Bennett, Tolvanen, Lindholm

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ehlers worth??

Nah. Too big of a drop elsewhere.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd do it.

If both Namestnikov and Barrie are borderline keepers, you can guarantee that Ehlers isn't borderline at all.

If Barrie was still healthy and not out long term I'd say hold but that's not the case.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Ehlers, best player in the deal, and if you can get a decent D off the waivers, I think it will help you this year.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Sage

Ehlers is the best player with room to improve when he's given the opportunity. I like his side.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Thanks guys. Reps coming.

Im still on the fence- and a big part is that there really is no decent d on waivers. Id likely pickup Tim Heed again and hes slowed down significantly. Rutta? neither is shooting a ton in the NHL and its a sog heavy league. Names is pretty much scoring what Ehlers is in our format- 199 to 189 so far this season. I think Im going to hold tight for now. And to be clear this offer wasnt on th table to accept or reject- just one i was contemplating putting out there.

Dobber Sports Deity

Can you counter with a different Dman other than Pouliot?

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Can you counter with a different Dman other than Pouliot?
    Just realized Sekera on the wire. might be worth a flier in a league this deep. Im finding evrytime I send an offer to this owner he counters with an offer for my Boeser- lol! He also said hes not really interested in ":that TB guy"- :PThat being said would this deal be worth it with Sekera?

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd do it with Pouliot so yes Sekera makes sense too, especially if we aren't worried about a keeper.

The Great One

Lol I made the offer.

I was a huge, huge, ehlers fan back around when he got drafted but have since cooled since there are just so many elite options in winnipeg. Do you think he ever has the potential to hit like Seguin/Benn type of territory (more the benn part) with shcheif and Laine down the orad? Or is that verstating his potential?