Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pulock's situation in NYI

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Pulock's situation in NYI

Ok 23 games in now. What do u think? Is he on his way to taking the next step?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    Ok 23 games in now. What do u think? Is he on his way to taking the next step?
    I honestly don't think we have a star on our hands. We have a hard shot from the point and good offensive instincts. Below average skating and a much less than imposing defensive game. Johnny Boychuk 2.0, wothout the rough and tumble game. A shorter, less physical Sheldon Souray... He'll need an Andrei Markov to make him look good. Not sure that's Nick Leddy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I honestly don't think we have a star on our hands. We have a hard shot from the point and good offensive instincts. Below average skating and a much less than imposing defensive game. Johnny Boychuk 2.0, wothout the rough and tumble game. A shorter, less physical Sheldon Souray... He'll need an Andrei Markov to make him look good. Not sure that's Nick Leddy.
    Leddy's busy looking good himself
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

23 games in and I think he's doing fine for a 23 year old Dman. I realize he hasn't exploded like us fantasy hockey guys wish he would but he's still a big part of the Islanders future and patience needs to be shown here. The good thing is that the Islanders don't need to rush him into a bad spot. They are bringing him a long at a good pace and letting him adjust to the NHL.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    23 games in and I think he's doing fine for a 23 year old Dman. I realize he hasn't exploded like us fantasy hockey guys wish he would but he's still a big part of the Islanders future and patience needs to be shown here. The good thing is that the Islanders don't need to rush him into a bad spot. They are bringing him a long at a good pace and letting him adjust to the NHL.
    I completely agree, but just because he isn't an all-world talent, doesn't mean he can't develop into a useful player. I just don't see a superstar, probably not even a star. Heck of a slapshot though.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

I get the feeling that with Pulock, he's just going to incrementally get better and better, one day we wake up and realize he's a regular 40+ pt underrated Dman

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I get the feeling that with Pulock, he's just going to incrementally get better and better, one day we wake up and realize he's a regular 40+ pt underrated Dman
    That sounds about right. He might remain underrated.. but I tell ya, he really isn't a great skater, so his upside will be limited to his PP effectiveness.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

That sounds about right. He might remain underrated.. but I tell ya, he really isn't a great skater, so his upside will be limited to his PP effectiveness.
    and if Leddy continues like this... that PP effectiveness will remain limited.

Dobber Sports Deity

There's no reason he and Leddy cannot be a solid pairing on the PP for years to come.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's no reason he and Leddy cannot be a solid pairing on the PP for years to come.
    Weight uses 4 forwards on both units (Boychuk 2nd unit currently - obviously that can change) but seems unlikely.

Dobber Sports Deity

I didn't say this year. You're assuming Weight is there as long as Pulock. History shows that won't be the case.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I didn't say this year. You're assuming Weight is there as long as Pulock. History shows that won't be the case.
    In retort... you're assuming Leddy will be there long term as well. I don't consider 5yrs really long term & I expect Weight to last 5yrs

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In retort... you're assuming Leddy will be there long term as well. I don't consider 5yrs really long term & I expect Weight to last 5yrs
    With four more years after this season left on his current deal, I like his chances of being there long term more than Doug Weights.

Dobber Sports Jedi

With four more years after this season left on his current deal, I like his chances of being there long term more than Doug Weights.
    I see the leash Snow gave Capuano... and Weight's been getting better results. As long as this team floats and Snow is GM... Weight should remain the coach

Dobber Sports Master

I meant more in terms of it limiting Pulock's own ability to generate at the NHL level... even if he is paired with Leddy, I don't know that Leddy has the game to be the Markov to Pulock's Souray.. Maybe, but I'm not betting on it.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin