Thread: Fantasy Questions - Sundin & More

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Fantasy Questions - Sundin & More

We are well into the season now and I know I\'m not the only one with alot of lingering questions. One of them being, when and with who will Sundin be playing with. Just read rumors this morning that the Ottawa Senators are still interested in acquiring star forward Mats Sundin. And that Sundin has already talked with Canucks\' GM Mike Gillis and he is expected to sit down with Anaheim GM Brian Burke this week. So the rumors are starting again! I personally think this will stretch out till December/January and he won\'t be playing till the New Year. What do you guys think? I\'m very tempted to pick him up in both my roto and points league. Is it worth sacrificing a 3rd tier player like Langow or Nylander and adding Sundin on a risk? Alot of points can potentially be lost. But a move like this can win a season, especially a player of his caliber. It doesn\'t matter what team he signs with he will be even more productive then he was in Toronto, where he had absolutely no support. Add or drop?

Ed Jovanovski, to drop or not to drop.... that is the question. I bet several other poolies are dieing over this pick. He has 0pts in 9 games with a -6 +/-. I only have him in a points pool, but what the hell is going on in Phoenix. I\'m personally going to hold on to him because it can only get better from here on out. And from what I hear he hasn\'t been playing bad, getting his shots and such. I think its a matter of time till Jovanovski snaps out of it. How do you guys feel?

- Feel free to post about any other players you have concerns about (i.e. Staal, Corvo). Ranting about them seems to make me feel better!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

carillo is pissing me off

Administrator

Antoine Vermette was a multi-category stud last season. This season he\'s worked his way to my bench. What a bum...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think it\'s a bit early to pick up Sundin.

There is no guarantee that he will even play. Sundin has never been pushed into anything. The guy was offered $10 million and shrugged his shoulders at it.

I would wait for him to at least start skating. We are only one month into the season. Best case scenerio, he comes back and plays 50 games which would net him around 50 points. Is that worth dropping Langkow for right now? No. Is that worth dropping a low ranked D-man who\'ll only max out at 40 points? If he comes back YES... if he doesn\'t?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Turco and The Odore are supposed to be my great goaltending duo... yeah, that\'s a big laugh so far.

I don\'t see Sundin coming back until Jan. Who else is one your team for possible drops? Personally I would want to keep Langkow and Nylander if I could.

Dobber Sports Genius

I have Eddie Jo too. Just remember, we\'re talking about a guy that makes $6.5M. A guy that consistently is discussed in Team Canada conversations. A guy with a proven history as a producer. He\'s playing his full slate of regular and powerplay minutes to this point. His shots and PM are in place. His age factor is fine. I\'m hanging on. It\'s the minus that\'s really annoying to this point! He shows a -0.4 points on the season in my pool to date! Pretty frustating opening month.

Sundin. Well, he won\'t be getting $10.0M now. Who? How? Will he come back in full form? He\'s a good sleeper. I wouldn\'t mind tossing him on the bottom of my roster, but my curiosity is high in regard to the who and how. Certainly someone will figure it out. Someone mentioned tax considerations, so therefore he\'d play south of the border. Could be. He\'d sure look snappy in San Jose. I was pushing off the bottom of my roster to see if I could go for a ride. You don\'t know what you\'re getting, so it\'s pretty tough to give a whole bunch of points up for him. He is retirement age.

Best wait out the Theo (got him too) and Turco scenarios, unless you can figure out how to edge them over to rides that you think are a bit smoother, without demolishing yourself.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hang tight with Jovo, he had 3 assists through his first 11 games last year before turning it on. He will get it going.

As for Sundin, don\'t get too carried away with his name as it tends to draw more weight then it might actually be worth. He has had only one 80 pt campaign in his last 8 seasons. Sure he hasn\'t had much support but when your comparing him to guys like Nylander (one season separated from a 83 pt season) , I think you need to temper your expectations of Mats, especially if your waiting around until January for him to start playing.