Thread: trade offer time limit rules?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default trade offer time limit rules?

so, or league has a manager that will not accept or deny trades. I've had many other managers complain to me about this. he just leaves the offers sit forever. I too have an offer to him from aug. as of now there are no rules against this.
    is there a way to deal with this. I have talked to him about it in past seasons and he says he just doesn't have time. he logs in pretty much every single day. he does keep up with setting his lineups etc.
    any ideas in a way to make it so that you can't leave trades yup forever, but have to either accept, deny, or counter within a time period.
    could maybe fantrax set something up so that after a time period you'd have to deal with offers before setting your lineups or something?
    any ideas?
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: trade offer time limit rules?

ESPN has an automatic time window on every trade.... I wish Fantrax had that as well..

I also wish Football leagues had it that as soon as one player has played in the trade that the deal is off... other owners watching a game and see that Player X involved in trade gets injured... run and hit accept.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Tough spot. If it's bugging other owners and everyone seems to be on another level than him, maybe just ask him to be more attentive or you'll find a replacement. I know he sets his lineups, but sometimes that not enough to be considered active in a league.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    ESPN has an automatic time window on every trade.... I wish Fantrax had that as well..

I also wish Football leagues had it that as soon as one player has played in the trade that the deal is off... other owners watching a game and see that Player X involved in trade gets injured... run and hit accept.
    Yes this would be a great feature for NFL. Hopefully most leagues would veto a deal in that case tho...

Dobber Sports Wizard

You can just cancel your offer if he doesn't accept or decline.

Dobber Sports Sage

Espn expires after a few days. You can also just cancel the trade offer. I imagine you can do that on Fantrax as well? He probably does it on purpose if he's logging in daily and keeps them open in case of an injury so he could quickly accept if it was in his favor. Kind of shady.

The simplest solution is stop sending offers to that gm.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have actually replaced managers in the past who simply logged in to set their lines. If a league is really active and guys are generally quick to get back to one and other, having even one manager that's not at that level of enthusiasm can kill the atmosphere.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Stud

I typically will wait 2 days - and if I get no response (and the other GM is logging in), I cancel the trade.

I did this once and that is when the owner of my original offer complained he didn't get a chance to reply to the offer. After I told him he had logged on both days without responding, I never heard from him again.
    WHL - 24tm multicast salary partial keeper
    19 Active / 6 Reserve / 15 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3F/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/ A/ +/- /PIM/SOG/PPP/Hit/Blk/FOW-C
    Goalies: GS/W/OL/GAA/SV%/SV/SHO/ShL/A

Dobber Sports Icon

I commish 5 leagues and this is a persistent problem with about 10-20% of GM's. It's frustrating and I got tired of it a long time ago.

I make it clear that I will replace unresponsive GM's. Just setting lines isn't enough. You don't drive a car with just the steering wheel, you have to hit the gas too.

If he claims he just doesn't have the time, right there I would say "OK you have said it yourself, you do not have the time so thanks for the interest in the league but I will be replacing you."

If there is money invested, maybe let the year play out and do it in the off season.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Administrator

Most sites have time limits on trade offers. Yahoo for sure. Most sites also offer you the ability to cancel a trade offer. It may not force the required result, actually getting the person to respond to trade offers, but if responding is really that important boot the manager.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

like a few others have said, I don't understand why you just don't cancel the offer.

Dobber Sports Jedi

if you don't have a rule... send a vote to the league asking if they want a rule put in place. I'd give this guy a warning that he needs to be responding or for the betterment of the league you will have no choice but to replace him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

guys don't want to cancel their trades thinking maybe he's contemplating etc. I have cancelled my trades except for the one, and really I'm just seeing how long it will stay up. it's a pretty active league with one manager that just doesn't belong I guess. we'd just like each gm to be responsible enough to deal with their own offers. I know there's at least three gm's that have written him off and will not send him trades. just would be nice to have all active managers.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO