Thread: Little for Barker

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Little for Barker

With Gonchar, Whitney and EJ all on IR, I need some defensive depth. Now that Cam Barker is back up with the big club, I\'m thinking of offering up Bryan Little for him. I like Little, and he seems to be coming into his own this season, but with a deep farm team (Filatov, Brassard, Oshie, Berglund and Radulov if he comes back), I\'m not going to have room for all of them. What do you think of this trade? Thanks.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

It depends on your scoring categories but I think Barker is a great defenseman but he just hasn\'t had the chance to play. Every time he is called up he answers the bell. Personally I like the trade given your depth with prospects.
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry, should\'ve mentioned the cats: G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, PIM, +/-, Shots.

Do you think Barker is finally in the NHL to stay? He\'s not going to help my defensive depth much if he\'s in the minors most of the year.

The Airborne Attack

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

When the season started I saw this as a similar trend as last season. He went down for the first half without a call up, then when it came he stuck for the remainder of the season. But now with a new coach, a recent call up the spot his Barkers to lose. Campbell and Barker played together throughout the pre-season as partners too. In another thread there are some quotes from Quenville on Barks... It sounded as if he will get every opportunity.

I guess the answer to your question is yes I believe he is up for good. FYI - I hope I\'m right because he is on my fantasy roster too!!!
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Sage

Well if you need the help right now, Barker may not be the way to go as he could very well be sent down again if he slumps at all. At the same time, this is a very fair trade. If I really needed the dman, I\'d probably try and grab someone who I know is staying, but you may not be able to grab a dman who could pay off as well as barker for such cheap a price. Do it if you\'re willing to take the risk. I think he stays, but you never know.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Padawan

I hear ya Ryan, and I\'d thought about that. But I don\'t really want to trade a roster player to do this, so the options are limited. And like you said, Barker could pay off big time.

I made the offer; we\'ll see how he responds.

The Airborne Attack