Thread: Sharks sending Labanc to AHL?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Sharks sending Labanc to AHL?

Interesting. Adjust rosters accordingly.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/0...ded-to-minors/

1. Kevin Labanc is likely headed to the AHL Barracuda. .

Puckheads attending the AHL Barracuda?s clash with the Texas Stars at the SAP Center Sunday evening will likely get a chance to watch Labanc flash his skills against minor league talent.

Labanc received a demotion from the Sharks top line to the fourth line during the second period Saturday and the elevator appeared to be dropping even further once he got out of the shower.

The 21-year-old forward had a meeting with general manager Doug Wilson within view of a throng of reporters in the Sharks locker room after the game, suggesting a reassignment is imminent. Labanc has recorded just one point in his last six games after bursting out of the gates with three goals and six points in his first seven contests.

Labanc?s apparent demotion could just be a one-game wakeup call as the Sharks aren?t slated to return to action until the Tampa Bay Lightning roll into town on Wednesday. On the other hand, the Sharks could also recall another skilled forward to take his place among the team?s top-nine forwards until he earns his back to the NHL.

Danny O?Regan, who won the AHL?s rookie of the year award last season, has recorded five goals and eight points in nine games with the Barracuda, and Marcus Sorensen, who suited up for 25 games with the Sharks last season, including six playoff games, has notched six points in nine games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Sharks sending Labanc to AHL?

Maybe this opens a spot for Timo Meier to slide into the top six for his opportunity?
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

As a Labanc owner, I wonder how long he will be down. The fact that the Sharks have other talented forwards that might be ready for a promotion could mean that he stays in the AHL for longer than a game.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Guru

Bring up O'Regan!

I need to know what I have in him before he loses farm eligibility.
    It'd be nice to see him get a shot. If he doesn't take advantage, at least it'll make my off-season decisions easier.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Monster

Ah man please don't tell me this will be for that long? Man, I got him in my one league and can't drop anyone. Starting to not like these now lol. I don't run it, but the ones I run will be different next season THAT is for sure.