Thread: Couple of trade options for keeper league

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Couple of trade options for keeper league

Keep 6 - points only - team/league in sig

1) Been offered Holtby for my Talbot straight up.
    I declined, but the offer is still on the table. Pull the trigger? Ask for more? Pass?

2) Is still there a trade market for Burns?
    Put him on the block last week asking for a forward and only got one offer: Hischier for Burns 1 for 1...
    That was from a former owner of Hischier who finally traded him + Bjorkstrand for Little + Butcher this weekend.
    He asked for Burns and then accepted Little + Butcher while adding Bjorkstrand to his Hschier...
    Hischier's new owner now wants to cash in on value by offering him to me...

3) Is Hischier a keeper in a keep 6 points only?
    Didn't watch any NJ games... What kind of production do you see for him this year? Next year? If I trade for him, I'm ok with a limited production this year as I'm not in contention for the title. But, if I do trade for him, it would be to keep him for next year. In a keep 6, we can't afford to keep young players waiting 2-3 years for production.
    The trade would be his Hischier + Phaneuf for my Dadonov + Faulk.
    I think I lose this trade for this year. The goal here would be to add a keeper in Hischier (?) or add trade value on my team to complete more trades during the season or off season.
    Worth it?
    Dadonov looks good on that 1st line in FLA and I wonder if he's keeper material too... or not.

REP to you
    Thanks!
    Keeper league (12 teams) - keep 6 (+ NHL team is auto keep)
    Weekly lineup: 1T, 9F, 4D, 1G
    Points only:
    Forwards & Dmen: goal (1), assist (1)
    Goalies: win (2), otl/sol (1), shutout (2)
    Team: win (2), otl/sol (1)
    Only 2 FA pickups for the season (remaining: 0)

[T] Edmonton
    [F] Panarin, Pettersson, Bedard
    [D] Heiskanen, Theodore, Dobson
    [G]

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Couple of trade options for keeper league

Quote Originally Posted by LeTrefle View Post
    Keep 6 - points only - team/league in sig

1) Been offered Holtby for my Talbot straight up.
    I declined, but the offer is still on the table. Pull the trigger? Ask for more? Pass?

2) Is still there a trade market for Burns?
    Put him on the block last week asking for a forward and only got one offer: Hischier for Burns 1 for 1...
    That was from a former owner of Hischier who finally traded him + Bjorkstrand for Little + Butcher this weekend.
    He asked for Burns and then accepted Little + Butcher while adding Bjorkstrand to his Hschier...
    Hischier's new owner now wants to cash in on value by offering him to me...

3) Is Hischier a keeper in a keep 6 points only?
    Didn't watch any NJ games... What kind of production do you see for him this year? Next year? If I trade for him, I'm ok with a limited production this year as I'm not in contention for the title. But, if I do trade for him, it would be to keep him for next year. In a keep 6, we can't afford to keep young players waiting 2-3 years for production.
    The trade would be his Hischier + Phaneuf for my Dadonov + Faulk.
    I think I lose this trade for this year. The goal here would be to add a keeper in Hischier (?) or add trade value on my team to complete more trades during the season or off season.
    Worth it?
    Dadonov looks good on that 1st line in FLA and I wonder if he's keeper material too... or not.

REP to you
    Thanks!
    I would take Holtby there

Burns I hold on to until he gets a little point streak going. You don't put them on the block during a slump
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

1) - I like Holtby in a keep 6. Both Edmonton and Washington are not starting off as good as many expect... but I think both bounce back.

2) That was a low-ball offer for Burns. you can do much better.

3) Hischier has not proven to be a keeper in a keep 6 league yet. He would have to be top 50 forwards in NHL scoring to become a keeper in a keep 6.

12 X 6 Keepers = 72 total keepers

Probably 10 Goalies should be kept. Most guys will want to make sure they keep 1 goalie.

Which brings it to 62 skater for keepers. I would suggest that approximately 8-12 of these will be D-man. Leaving approximately 50 forwards kept. If at the season Hischier is in top 50-60 range of forwards then I consider keeping him. If not you probably have someone better to keep.

Dobber Sports Sage

1) If you aren't competing this season id hold Talbot as well. If you were competitive you probably want Holtby.

2) I can't imagine how there isn't a trade market for Burns. Now is a bad time to try and trade him with the slow start. Let him go on a tear first, which he will. Hischier is no where near enough for me to move burns in a keep 6. If that's the best offer you're getting I think you are best to just keep him next year as well. Hischier is a nice piece in that trade but I'd need more.

3) Im not huge on this trade. Points only Faulk is superior than Phaneuf and Dadonov looks like he could out produce Hischier for a few years. I suppose if you're really high on Hischier then go for it but in a keep 6 I'm not so sure he makes the cut over Atkinson or Dadonov by seasons end.

Your keepers are strong enough that you should be able to compete next season with a good draft.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Icon

Agree with the others:

Take Holtby, 2 years younger and better goalie.

Don't trade Burns now, he's at his lowest value.

Keep Dadonov/Faulk.

Hischier not a keeper in a keep 6, most likely.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tabarnak dude, offer de marde pour Brent. keep Burns, get Holtby.
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook