Thread: Derek Dorsett or Brian Gibbons

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Derek Dorsett or Brian Gibbons

Are these two forwards a better own than Martin Hanzal in a pts only keeper? What is to make of both of their hot starts?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Derek Dorsett or Brian Gibbons

Even with Hanzal playing 55-65 games, I would take him over the other two. Dorsett has already surpassed his projection for the season, and he's going to fall back to normal soon. Gibbons just doesn't have the upside to make up the difference.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Even with Hanzal playing 55-65 games, I would take him over the other two. Dorsett has already surpassed his projection for the season, and he's going to fall back to normal soon. Gibbons just doesn't have the upside to make up the difference.
    Ok good idea. We are have limited moves (5 per season) so it would be best to save em.

Administrator

All three are not great in a points league but Hanzal might get more points than both Dorsett and Gibbons combined.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    All three are not great in a points league but Hanzal might get more points than both Dorsett and Gibbons combined.
    Agree with this. I also think that Hanzal could walk into some better utilization. Hanzal should be c2 and Spezza should be moved to winger. I'm just not sure how long its going to take Hitchcock to figure that out - he old and should retire/move to the front office.

.... And as I typed this, I checked and Hanzal is now the C2 w/ Spezza on the wing. - Hanzal definitely out performs these 2 now. Crazy, b/c I said this move should be done the moment I saw the Hanzal signing in Dallas --- My arm chair coaching is panning out!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    This is my thoughts as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."