Thread: Nick Foligno on 1st PP?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Nick Foligno on 1st PP?

Is Nick Foligno on the 1st PP? I thought he was on 2nd PP but looking at yesterday Boxscore, it seems he was on 1st PP. Our league counts HITS so that would make him a valuable waiver pick up!
    8 team league
    G, A, PTS, PPP, HIT, BLK, DEF
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Nick Foligno on 1st PP?

Yes, he seems to be on the 1st PP unit. https://leftwinglock.com/line-combin...=PP&gametype=1

Columbus Blue Jackets Power Play Units

Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 Player 4 Player 5 Frequency
    CAM ATKINSON ARTEMI PANARIN ALEXANDER WENNBERG NICK FOLIGNO ZACH WERENSKI 68.8%
    PIERRELUC DUBOIS BRANDON DUBINSKY OLIVER BJORKSTRAND SONNY MILANO SETH JONES 25%
    NICK FOLIGNO ARTEMI PANARIN ALEXANDER WENNBERG SETH JONES ZACH WERENSKI 6.3%

Does he have a good chance of staying on 1st PP (at least a month)? Or does Tortorella change his lines frequently and he should be back on 2nd PP soon?
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sacdechips View Post
    Does he have a good chance of staying on 1st PP (at least a month)? Or does Tortorella change his lines frequently and he should be back on 2nd PP soon?
    Foligno was averaging 2:41 of PP time last season and had 21 PP points, so I'm not really sure why you're expecting him to be put to the 2nd PP unit. If you look at the guys on the 2nd unit, I don't really see anyone better than Foligno there.

Foligno is the team captain and 2nd line center, so there are good reasons to keep him on the 1st PP unit. And the other guys on that unit are purely skill players.

Actually, I think he was demoted to 2nd PP last year. He has 18 PPP before all star game and 3 after that. Although, I'll pick him up and drop him if he ever falls to 2nd PP. Thanks.
    8 team league
    W, GAA, SV%