Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Eberle to NYI

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: [TRADE] Eberle to NYI

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

You can have Draisatl, Conner, Eberle, and no Russell, or you can have Draisatl, Connor, Russell and no Eberle.

The constants are always Draisatl and Connor. Yes they are getting the biggest raises, but they are getting their money regardless. You're choosing to either afford Eberle, or you're choosing to afford Russell. The "raises" they are getting is irrelevant. You can afford Draisatl's and Connor's raises regardless of any move you make because your ALWAYS going to make room for those contracts over any other player. You can either have Eberle's contract of 6 mil or Russell's contract of 4 mil but you CANNOT have BOTH of those contracts.

So Oilers fans are the ones reaching, not me. Eberle was traded to afford Russell. That's just what it is. That's why Russell is going to sign a contract the day after Eberle was traded, before you even know what Draisatl's final number is. Because you can only afford 1 of Russell or Eberle. This is a really, really, REALLY simple concept.

Giving Russell a raise of 900k didnt require moving any salary out from last year, we had room for 900k, thats very simple math, like truly grade 3 level stuff. If you cant grasp that, that isnt on me.
    The cap $'s Russell got was allocated to defense the moment the season ended, whether it was Russell or Hjalmarsson or whoever, the Oil had to spend that $ on D.
    So once again, Eberle had to be traded to clear room for Leon and Connor's new deals. Simple
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Giving Russell a raise of 900k didnt require moving any salary out from last year, we had room for 900k, thats very simple math, like truly grade 3 level stuff. If you cant grasp that, that isnt on me.
    The cap $'s Russell got was allocated to defense the moment the season ended, whether it was Russell or Hjalmarsson or whoever, the Oil had to spend that $ on D.
    So once again, Eberle had to be traded to clear room for Leon and Connor's new deals. Simple
    Ok bud. The entire hockey world can grasp it's either Eberle or Russell, including everyone other than you in this thread, but ok. Congrats. Your so smrt.

Dobber Sports Pro

Ok bud. The entire hockey world can grasp it's either Eberle or Russell, including everyone other than you in this thread, but ok. Congrats. Your so smrt.
    It's you're.
    Dont go back and edit it either you gotta eat that one Einstein.

Entire hockey world?
    Elliotte Friedman said it was about clearing cap space for Leon. He also dropped a little gem in an interview 2 days ago when asked whats 1 thing the average fan doesnt grasp this time of year?
    Elliotte "The value it costs to trade for cap space"

Can check it out yourself on Oilers Now podcast, Thursday's show.

It's you're.
    Alright, you win grammar, and lose math hard. Call it a wash. Congrats man, crushing it.

This must have been a lifetime achievement award for you, big win.

I do love how what you're saying, in essence, is if the Oilers didn't trade Eberle this offseason, Russell would still be on the team next season but Draisatl would not be, since they could still afford Russell's raise, but they wouldn't be able to afford Draisatl's. You're actually calling Chiarelli more incompetent than I am.

It's you're.

Entire hockey world?
    Elliotte Friedman said it was about clearing cap space for Leon. He also dropped a little gem in an interview 2 days ago when asked whats 1 thing the average fan doesnt grasp this time of year?
    Elliotte "The value it costs to trade for cap space"

Can check it out yourself on Oilers Now podcast, Thursday's show.
    Yep, you're really making a great point. Good thing Chiarelli traded Eberle, or he would have had to let Draisatl walk this offseason. Russell would have been on the team either way.

Dobber Sports Pro

I do love how what you're saying, in essence, is if the Oilers didn't trade Eberle this offseason, Russell would still be on the team next season but Draisatl would not be, since they could still afford Russell's raise, but they wouldn't be able to afford Draisatl's. You're actually calling Chiarelli more incompetent than I am.

We had Russell last year at 3.1mill, now we have em at 4. We didnt need to clear cap space for that. It was already there.

When you say I fail Math hard? But you say the entire hockey world and everyone in this thread agrees with you...should I actually consider failing your math an honor? Its like a George Costanza opposite thing, if you say its bad it must be good.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yep, you're really making a great point. Good thing Chiarelli traded Eberle, or he would have had to let Draisatl walk this offseason. Russell would have been on the team either way.
    Take it up with Friedman I was just sharing his point

Dobber Sports Deity

maxresdefault.jpg

We get it. You don't like the Oilers. You don't like this trade. You dont like ANYTHING the Oilers do.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

We had Russell last year at 3.1mill, now we have em at 4. We didnt need to clear cap space for that. It was already there.

When you say I fail Math hard? But you say the entire hockey world and everyone in this thread agrees with you...should I actually consider failing your math an honor? Its like a George Costanza opposite thing, if you say its bad it must be good.
    Nope your totally right and I 100% agree. Chiarelli is so incompetent that Kris Russell was for sure going to be on Edmonton next season, 100% no question. If Edmonton made no other offseason moves, Kris Russell would have been re-signed. Unfortunately, if Chiarelli hadn't been able to trade Eberle, he would have had to trade Draisatl because he couldn't afford to pay him. Either way though, Kris Russell 100% would have been on the Oilers next season. The Islanders are such idiots. They shouldn't have traded for Eberle, thereby forcing Chiarelli to trade Draisatl, because he couldn't afford to pay him. Since Kris Russell, 100%, whether Eberle was traded or not, would be on the Edmonton Oilers next season.

I understand now. Man Chiarelli is INCOMPETENT. He really lucked out someone was willing to take Eberle so he didn't have to trade Draisatl, since either way Russell was 100% going to be on the Oilers next season. God what a bad GM to risk his young stud center like that by hinging it all on whether he could trade an underperforming winger.

Dobber Sports Expert

Nope your totally right and I 100% agree. Chiarelli is so incompetent that Kris Russell was for sure going to be on Edmonton next season, 100% no question. If Edmonton made no other offseason moves, Kris Russell would have been re-signed. Unfortunately, if Chiarelli hadn't been able to trade Eberle, he would have had to trade Draisatl because he couldn't afford to pay him. Either way though, Kris Russell 100% would have been on the Oilers next season. The Islanders are such idiots. They shouldn't have traded for Eberle, thereby forcing Chiarelli to trade Draisatl, because he couldn't afford to pay him. Since Kris Russell, 100%, whether Eberle was traded or not, would be on the Edmonton Oilers next season.

I understand now. Man Chiarelli is INCOMPETENT. He really lucked out someone was willing to take Eberle so he didn't have to trade Draisatl, since either way Russell was 100% going to be on the Oilers next season. God what a bad GM to risk his young stud center like that by hinging it all on whether he could trade an underperforming winger.
    The reason Snow traded for Enerle is because he's INCOMPETENT TOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Panther View Post
    The reason Snow traded for Enerle is because he's INCOMPETENT TOO!!!
    No kidding. Man, he could have Draisatl. Or maybe even McDavid, since Eberle had to be traded solely for their cap space, and solely that reason, and Kris Russell was completely independent of any of these moves and 100% would have been on the Edmonton Oilers either way. It is definitely just totally coincidental that Eberle Salary basically equals Strome + Russell

Dobber Sports Pro

Um...might be a good time to lock this thread.

The Great One

We had Russell last year at 3.1mill, now we have em at 4.
    That's what boggles my mind.

Russell held out until what? A couple days before the season started?

And he still got $3.1M!

I wonder what he was asking for July 1?

I wonder how much cheaper he could have been if Edmonton signed him to a 4 year deal last year?

I wonder why he lasted until October 7th if he was such a good player?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    That's what boggles my mind.

Russell held out until what? A couple days before the season started?

And he still got $3.1M!

I wonder what he was asking for July 1?

I wonder how much cheaper he could have been if Edmonton signed him to a 4 year deal last year?

I wonder why he lasted until October 7th if he was such a good player?
    I would assume, like most players, he was asking for too much money early on and had to lower his asking price. All we can do is assume that though. We'll never truly know what went on with any negotiations.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."