Thread: Which prospect D to keep ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Which prospect D to keep ?

I'm in a keeper pts only, and I can keep one (maybe two) out of these hot D prospects. I definitely look for one of these to be on my main roster (6D) next year, the other one could be stashed.

Matheson, DeAngelo, Honka, Pulock.

DobberProspect ranked them as #2, #7, #4 and #6 respectively, for the last two months (Jan & Feb).

What's your thoughts on those D. Which one could be a 40+ pts next year, if any? (maybe like Werenski this year)
    8 teams Pts only keeper
    12F 6D 2G

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Which prospect D to keep ?

In a points-only league with emphasis on next season, I would take DeAngelo and Matheson in that order.

But 40 points is a lot, I don't see any of them doing that next season.

Dobber Sports Icon

I would go with Matheson but I would not expect more than 30 points for him or any of the others.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DeAngelo would be my choice of those.

Dobber Sports Stud

i'd keep Deangelo, but don't expect 40 points yet. werenski was unique in that he was given the opportunity to run the top PP right away, but that's not gonna happen to Deangelo with OEL in town.

Dobber Sports Deity

In a points only format, I am not a big fan of any next year and the chances of any of them getting to 40 points is a long shot IMO.

Long term, I think I like Honka the most if I am being honest with you. I am a big fan of Matheson but with Yandle and Ekblad getting most of the PP1 time, that hurts Matheson in a points only format.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

DeAngelo - Prob the most off skill out of the four. Major deficiencies in his game though, bad in his own zone and a hot head. Could see him being scratched on and off, plus OEL is there. Is like a Marc Andre Bergeron, hopefully he can learn to play at least a little bit of defense.

Matheson - Just a genuinely good D-man, unfortunately I see him being better in real life then in fantasy circles for the next few years. Ekblad and Yandle there really limit his offensive upside.

Honka - Ton of off skill as well, maybe as much as DeAngelo. Klingberg is in Dallas though and despite his slow start has been clicking since Christmas. Has only a few NHL games under his belt as well. Long-term I like him the best, but next year or two, don't think he'll be that relevant for fantasy

Pulock - Injury derailed the season many expected him to take over, or at least compete for that spot on top pp unit. Isle have nothing on backend, no Leddy and Boychuck do not count, on most team neither one would even get a sniff at the 1st pp unit. For next year, Pulock might be the safest bet to put up points, situation works in his favour...injury might have put his development back a bit though. I also see him being a boom/bust player, same vein as DeAngelo but Pulock has much less competition in the Isle at this time.

Long-Term winner = Honka
    Short-Term winner = ...errr, DeAngelo if he can get/keep his shit together...so big risk lol, or Pulock.