Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Burrows to OTT being finalized

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Burrows to OTT being finalized

It isn't a high price, Burrows wanted an extension to approve the deal (he had a NMC I believe). Ottawa is not a cap team so the 2.5M will not handicap them if they feel they need to make some moves later this year or next
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dahlen is a good prospect, so that's great return for Vancouver. Burrows is still a solid bottom-6 winger but Dahlen is looking promising, so this could look really bad in a couple of years.

Banned

Dahlen won't be in the league for 3-4 years if he ever makes it. Look at Andre Petersson who was a stud prospect

Dobber Sports Veteran

Burrows is (used to be?) the kind of guy that everybody hates, but you love him when he's on your team. He's literally my favorite Canuck at this point, and I'm sad to see him go.

He brings the pest element, but in his prime also brought true clutch goal scoring.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik View Post
    Dahlen won't be in the league for 3-4 years if he ever makes it. Look at Andre Petersson who was a stud prospect
    3-4 years is most likely yes but he can be a stud prospect in two years if he continues to progress. And Burrows will probably be a healthy scratch at that point, so the deal could look really bad at that point already.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Not like he's a top prospect right now but he is progressing nicely. Nice return for Vancouver IMO.

Still like Burrows the player no doubt.
    Talented Swedish 2nd round pick from last year who is doing very will in Sweden's 2nd league. He was our best winger prospect IMO.
    The subtle, quick turn of "Sens prospect he's the greatest" to "Gone from Ottawa he's trash". Around the WJC he's was going to be the NHL within 2 years and very likely to stick in a scoring role. The only thing that's changed is the team he plays for.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ev you need to go back to thr WJC thread and read your comments on Dahlen. No surprise but your opinion on him is quickly changing now he isn't "the Sens 3rd best prospect".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

I didn't change my opinion at all. He's a good prospect. He was their 4th or 5th best prospect. I never would have said he was above Brown, Chabot, or White. He isn't in that tier.

It's the people acting like he's a sure thing is what annoys me now.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't change my opinion at all. He's a good prospect. He was their 4th or 5th best prospect. I never would have said he was above Brown, Chabot, or White. He isn't in that tier.

It's the people acting like he's a sure thing is what annoys me now.

Dobber Sports Deity

You actually said hes their 3rd best prospect. Your words, not mine. Search it for yourself.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Burrows even at his current age, and while he won't be the top-6 winger OTT's been looking for, he can fill in nicely and will be a great top-9 guy come playoff time. Ottawa got a nice one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You actually said hes their 3rd best prospect. Your words, not mine. Search it for yourself.
    then I meant third best forward prospect. Because otherwise it was a typo. I would never say he's better than Brown or White. Regardless, who cares.

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL, ya it must have been a typo. That's it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    LOL, ya it must have been a typo. That's it.
    Dude, what the **** is your issue? I would have never legitimately said he's our third best prospect. I very clearly meant he's their third best forward prospect. God man, get a life. If you asked me today and yesterday, he would have been #4 or #5 in Sens prospects. Grow up dude.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    3-4 years is most likely yes but he can be a stud prospect in two years if he continues to progress. And Burrows will probably be a healthy scratch at that point, so the deal could look really bad at that point already.
    Burrows won't be on the Sens in three years.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ev man, Your comments are mind boggling from sure fire prospect, to dam a hate this deal, to good riddance might never make the NHL. It's like that movie split and some body keeps grabbing the light and your personality changes. I wound't be shocked if you worked for the Ottawa Senators management team. You just love every single move and player on your team. I am a die hard Canucks fan but I can realise when they make bone headed decisions.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky