Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do you wear contacts/glasses?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Do you wear contacts/glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Yikes leave contacts day and night for 30 days? What brand are you wearing? That seems quite uncomfortable/damaging.

Air Optix, Night and Day. They are breathable and designed for continuous wear.

The Great One

I use to wear my contacts (also Night and Day, not sure which company) but months at a time. The last couple years I've only worn dailys.

Pop them in for whatever you need them for and throw them away after use. $1 a set.

Sleeping with my contacts obviously wasn't good for my eyes so Im trying to take a break from wearing contacts.

Night and Days come with a lot more risks.

Sleeping with your contacts exposes you to way more eye infections/bacteria, obviously.

I've never met an optometrist who encourages you to sleep with these contacts. They all suggest removing before bed.

If you still want to get Night and Days make sure the lens is made of silicone hydrogel.

- - - Updated - - -

I use to wear my contacts (also Night and Day, not sure which company) but months at a time. The last couple years I've only worn dailys.

Pop them in for whatever you need them for and throw them away after use. $1 a set.

Sleeping with my contacts obviously wasn't good for my eyes so Im trying to take a break from wearing contacts.

Night and Days come with a lot more risks.

Sleeping with your contacts exposes you to way more eye infections/bacteria, obviously.

I've never met an optometrist who encourages you to sleep with these contacts. They all suggest removing before bed.

If you still want to get Night and Days make sure the lens is made of silicone hydrogel.

Dobber Sports Master

Very proud to say that at 43 years old, I have 20/20 vision and have never needed glasses. My entire family, parents and four brothers, all wear glasses (or have had to get laser eye surgery). My wife wears glasses, and so too does my daughter. Don't know wear I got the great vision from but I certainly appreciate it since I seriously injured my right eye seven years ago. It completely healed, thankfully, but it was touch and go for a while.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lasik since 2002. Flawless.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Very proud to say that at 43 years old, I have 20/20 vision and have never needed glasses. My entire family, parents and four brothers, all wear glasses (or have had to get laser eye surgery). My wife wears glasses, and so too does my daughter. Don't know wear I got the great vision from but I certainly appreciate it since I seriously injured my right eye seven years ago. It completely healed, thankfully, but it was touch and go for a while.
    Every single member in my immediate family needs glasses.....even my 1st cousins, aunties and uncles.....dam...can't think of anyone who has NO glasses lol. wore contacts for the first time in 3 months and it felt good....but always around 11 pm it starts drying out and i need to take em out.